2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Have any friends that hanging out with Milton?  GIve it a shot. lol.

lol Damn, I don't want him to be the problem. I just need Michigan to lose some close games in this short schedule. JH's contract is ending and if we make a great offer, we just might have a shot. I'm pulling some Lovecraft Country to spells on him. 

I change my top list for 2021 HC.

#1 Pete Carmichael Jr.

#2 Eric Bieniemy.

#3 Todd Monken.

#4 Arthur Smith

#5 Shane Waldron with Charlie Weis as special advisor.

I expect Brian Daboll to be a Texans' HC. I get feeling that Texans want to keep Parcells/Belichick system and they are loaded in defensive coaching side.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Arthur Smith please

I like Smith. I still prefer Daboll though. Part I like about Smith... is money isn’t anything to do with him. After all his dad is the CEO of fedex, so he’s set money wise. So it’s about love for the game, respect and pride with him. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I like Smith. I still prefer Daboll though. Part I like about Smith... is money isn’t anything to do with him. After all his dad is the CEO of fedex, so he’s set money wise. So it’s about love for the game, respect and pride with him. 

Hoping our next coach is Arthur Smith, Greg Roman, or Brian Daboll. If they believe they can save Darnold great, trade the #1 pick for a kings ransom and build an actual offense, if not take Lawrence if he declares and trade Darnold for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Interesting comments on the 2016 coaching search from Connor Rodgers on a podcast.

The Jets wanted Kingsbury but Kingsbury preferred Arizona because he got to pick Murray.

The Jets were afraid of McCarthy because of his sour relationship with Rodgers.

We already know about the Rhule situation and wanting to pick some of his coaches.

No comments on Bieniemy and Monken.

Sounds like our order was

1) Kingsburry

2) Rhule

3) Gase

Key takeaway is getting the #1 pick will be a great marketing chip to attract a high quality coach. What coach wouldn’t want to coach Lawrence?

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Interesting comments on the 2016 coaching search from Connor Rodgers on a podcast.

The Jets wanted Kingsbury but Kingsbury preferred Arizona because he got to pick Murray.

We already know about the Rhule situation and wanting to pick some of his coaches.

1) Kingsburry

2) Rhule

3) Gase

Key takeaway is getting the #1 pick will be a great marketing chip to attract a high quality coach. What coach wouldn’t want to coach Lawrence?

I am probably one of the few that was not a Klingsbury fan.  A college coach with a losing track record and a gimmicky offense?  Nope.  You can crucify me when they win a SB, but the NFL is littered with failed gimmicky offenses.  How is McCarthy doing in Dallas?

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

1) Kingsburry

2) Rhule

3) Gase

Not sure about Kingsbury but Jets had other options beside Kingsbury.  After the interview with Jets, he went to Arizona and got the job immediately.   I don't rule out him strategizing the qb situation, though.

McCarthy dropped Jets because of coaching option.  Rhule walked away when Maccagnan asked Monken to be his OC.

Whatever.

GM topic..

I have always overlook George Paton because he always turned down every interview anywhere.  However, Paton was interviewed with Browns and withdrew his name from the consideration because one member of FO wanted different GM.  Just one?  damn. Anyway, Jets reached Paton for an opportunity to be Mike Maccagnan's replacement but received rejection from him because he didn't believe in BOTH Adam Gase and Sam Darnold. 

I am not sure if Paton was about to leave Vikings but could not find a decent situation for him to live in or he just picked reasons why he rejected opportunities so he wasn't portrayed as a sitting duck.

Edited by JetsandI

Interesting Jim Harbaugh number: 

JH is currently the 4th highest paid coach in college football above coaches like Jombo Fisher, Kirby Smart, Riley, and others. Coaches rarely coach out their whole contract before either leaving or getting an extension. His ends after next season. Although he has lifted that program, they haven't won any big games or beat Ohio State. 4 out of the 8 teams they play are ranked. If he doesn't win out, Michigan may not offer him an extension. 

If JD can sell the future of the team with Lawrence, Fields, or Darnold and make a good offer, we seriously might have a shot. We're going to have to pay up, but I think he would be the right decision. He would also be closer to his brother (family would like it) and he'll be involved with constructing the roster the way him & JD would like it to be. .  

Edited by rickyt31