JetsandI

2021's HC talks.

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

What? I thought you stayed with Woody in Trump's luxury place in Scotland some time in the past? 

Haha never been to a Scotland even though it’s only a few hours from me. Too cold!!! 🥶

2 hours ago, xrade said:

All HC should have control of his coaching staff, but there is one problem.  As we have seen with Bowles bringing in Kacy Rogers and gase bringing in Patton Oswalt, sometimes a HC will bring in an unqualified sycophant to fulfil a critical coordinator role.  That presents a problem.

Well if either of them were good HCs I'd be worried but they weren't.

Campbell knows how to build a staff.  Don't over think it.  Make him an offer he cant refuse.

44 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Well if either of them were good HCs I'd be worried but they weren't.

Campbell knows how to build a staff.  Don't over think it.  Make him an offer he cant refuse.

He never connects with NFL coaches.  How do you know that he will in NFL with NFL coaches?   He had done good job in Ames but all of them are non NFL material.

Interesting... Scott Pioli tried to hire Matt Campbell to be part of Patriots' scouting department when he was just graduate assistant. He turned it down. He also turned down Jets' HC interview.   He values family and college kids' development over NFL. umm.  He is 39 years old and his contact with Iowa State will expire after 2024.  Still too young to separate from college.

Maybe he should stop watching Hallmark crap.  We will see.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Interesting... Scott Pioli tried to hire Matt Campbell to be part of Patriots' scouting department when he was just graduate assistant. He turned it down. He also turned down Jets' HC interview.   He values family and college kids' development over NFL. umm.  He is 39 years old and his contact with Iowa State will expire after 2024.  Still too young to separate from college.

Maybe he should stop watching Hallmark crap.  We will see.

Yes he sounds like he will stay there for a while.  I believe he also mentioned how Ferentz stayed at Iowa his whole career.

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes he sounds like he will stay there for a while.  I believe he also mentioned how Ferentz stayed at Iowa his whole career.

He was mentioned, indeed.  I just omitted him because he actually worked in NFL before he left NFL for family values.