2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

What are some staffs you think our potential HC candidates could put together? Been thinking about this a lot.

I have a growing interest in Mike Mcdaniel, the running game coordinator from the 49ers. He's been with the Shan's since 06. Their blocking schemes & use of RBs will always make life easier for the QB. 

• Like 1

As for coaching staffs,  I will always want Mike Zimmer as DC for any HC.

Arthur Smith: HC

Unretiring Mike Mularky so he can be assistant HC and RB coach.  His smashmouth mentality for RB could be helpful to Smith's offense.

Doug Marrone could return his old role with Jets. OL coach. His HC dream should be over by time anyway.

Dennis Allen: HC

Shane Waldron or Mike Kakfa as OC.

Duce Staley: HC

Press Taylor or Mike Kakfa as OC.    High Risk because a potential lack of run game usage.

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Using this logic means we can only hire HC's from college then, since they build their whole teams. 

I mean fix.. not build.    Panthers have plenty of talents with NFL experience.  Brady stepped in and coached.  Not much to fix really.

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I mean fix.. not build.    Panthers have plenty of talents with NFL experience.  Brady stepped in and coached.  Not much to fix really.

Bridgewater was our back up and even when he was healthy, no one saw him as a potential top 5 leader in yards. Samuel was considered a bust and was on the trading block last year. People in New York called Robby a one trick pony. CMC gets hurt and they're killing it with a RB no one knew was still in the league. We could of had everyone on their roster. It's really not that good, he's making them look better. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Exactly what I needed to happen so we could have a shot at Harbaugh.  

I am getting to that point where I think Jim Harbaugh is going to get fired. He keeps losing Mich will not put up with that no matter who it is. Now I was all for Jim Harbaugh but now I'm like lukewarm on him. If he can't turn Mich around how is he going to turn the Jets around. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I am getting to that point where I think Jim Harbaugh is going to get fired. He keeps losing Mich will not put up with that no matter who it is. Now I was all for Jim Harbaugh but now I'm like lukewarm on him. If he can't turn Mich around how is he going to turn the Jets around. 

COULD HAPPEN, His record against Ohio St &  Mich. St, is a combine 1-6 sure he wins against Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers, Iowa St, Northwestern, BIG DEAL. I ALSO THINK HE IS ON THE HOT SEAT.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I understand the concern,  but he has always been this coach on the college level. He's going through the same thing he did in Stanford. The difference is that the bar is lower there.  I believe his style is meant for the pros. There were reports he didn't want to come to college, that's why they came to the Jet & pitch. 

I don't think he enjoys only having 2 years to build around other positions/players or having to worry about things like academics.  He couldn't make it to the big games at Michigan,  but he has 3 NFC championship appearances and 1 SB appearance from 2011-2014. I think we have to shoot our shot. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I understand the concern,  but he has always been this coach on the college level. He's going through the same thing he did in Stanford. The difference is that the bar is lower there.  I believe his style is meant for the pros. There were reports he didn't want to come to college, that's why they came to the Jet & pitch. 

I don't think he enjoys only having 2 years to build around other positions/players or having to worry about things like academics.  He couldn't make it to the big games at Michigan,  but he has 3 NFC championship appearances and 1 SB appearance from 2011-2014. I think we have to shoot our shot. 

I love Jim Harbaugh but I think he's going to want full control. I know some of you said that you think him and JD would work well together but I'd be nervous of any HC/GM tandem with Harbaugh. It was obvious while he was in SF that he liked things a very specific way, and I fear that all would it take is Jim and JD to have a few disagreements on personnel and that would start a potentially huge issue that could snowball out of control. I think we finally have a GM who knows what he's doing and I'd really like to find a HC that shares the same vision but can also respect that JD makes the final decisions on personnel and is okay with that. That's why Matt Cambell is my #1 right now, he's everything I want in a HC. He's a CEO type that has proven he can turn a program around and maintain it's success, he relates well to his players but he's all of their respect. He just needs to bring in solid coordinators and I think he can have the same effect here. Unfortunately, I just don't think he leaves college. 

Edited by mattmanz91

1 minute ago, mattmanz91 said:

I love him Harbaugh but I think he's going to want full control. I know some of you said that you think him and JD would work well together but I'd be nerouvs of any HC/GM tandem with Harbaugh. It was obvious while he was in SF that he liked things a very specific way and I fear that all would it take is Jim and JD to have a few disagreements on personnel and that would start a potentially huge issue that could snowball out of control. I think we finally have a GM who knows what he's doing and I'd really like to find a HC that shares the same vision but can also respect that JD makes the final decisions on personnel and is okay with that. That's why Matt Cambell is my #1 right now, he's everything I want in a HC. He's a CEO type that has proven he can turn a program around and maintain it's success, he relates well to his players but he's all of their respect, he just needs to bring in solid coordinators and I think he can do that same here. However I just don't think he leaves college. 

Campbell & Harbaugh are my top 2 coaches, so I'm not going to knock MC.

If I remember correctly, Harbaugh had a problem with the GM and then York got involved. I definitely remember JH & the JM not being on speaking terms. But when they chose the GM or Jim, that team fell apart and that GM was fired 2 years later. Harbaugh might have been right. We may never know the details of what went wrong, but the 49ers couldn't keep that same level of play. I think this would work if Jim likes & trust Douglas. Maybe JD has a relationship with John H and they're connected through that. Jim & JD could be willing to view this as a partnership if they have the same vision for the team. We don't know, but we'll see. 

I just see a perfect fit if those two are happy with working together. He checks all the boxes for me on the NFL level.