2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

42 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

My fandom is on thin ice. I stopped watching the Knicks and Mets a long time ago for similar ineptitude. Masato Yoshii (or there abouts; sometime in the early 2000’s) was in the rotation the last time I watched a meaningful amount of Mets game. The knicks have probably had 3 coaches since I last watched them.

If they fire Douglas, that’ll be it for me. 

I dont believe you. Just in case if Jets get Jim Harbaugh or Sean Payton. lol.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I dont believe you. Just in case if Jets get Jim Harbaugh or Sean Payton. lol.

Haha. I’m telling you. Sean Payton might draw me back. But first things first... don’t fire Douglas. I used to watch the Mets religiously. Every single game. I can’t remember the last time I watched them play. I used to watch the Knicks almost as much. At one point in my life, the Jets were my 3rd favorite team. Now they’re the only team I cheer for.

Edited by SDotNova

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I could not find one in SI.  I went back to NFLtraderumors and I got confused by one that talked about Pat Fitzgerald.   Did I suck for fake news or something? dunno.  Whatever it is I am sure Breer meant to exercise the scout's motto for Jets' fans just in case. lol.

apologies.

No worries brother. Hopefully Douglas is safe as he absolutely should be.

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Remember all the “dont think we can get harbaugh to leave michigan for here” or the “he have to many choices, why the jets etc” type posts in here?

At this point Jim Harbaugh would probably have to pay the Jets to be the HC here

And yet would still be the best HC we’ve had since Parcells and his track record proves it.

22 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

And yet would still be the best HC we’ve had since Parcells and his track record proves it.

Says more about the Jets than it does him

Would be a laughing stock hire, which is why it has some probability of happening

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

Says more about the Jets than it does him

Would be a laughing stock hire, which is why it has some probability of happening

He has a winning record literally EVERYWHERE. Not first on my list but he is far from laughing stock. Tell me what makes him a laughing stock hire...

I'm still keeping Harbaugh high on my list. I know he didn't originally want to return to college and he's the one who had success with the type of team we're going to need to win the AFC in a couple years. Plus, I can see Harbaugh and JD seeing eye-to-eye on rebuilding that same team. He left Stanford and the 49ers in a better position than when he first got the teams. Until this season, you could have said the same for Michigan. I'm not sure if I can rule him out because of a bad season during a pandemic. 

With all that being said, it will be tough to say he's clearly above the other potential other coaches.

Brady may be the guy I want if I only cared about Trevor Lawrence. You know our offense will be in good hands, but would he know what it takes to have a team prepared and does he know what he want on defense? 

If Martindale understands what he want on offense, he would be great because his defense won't need a lot to be successful. This mean our QB won't have to put up 30+ to win games. 

I know Arthur Smith is benefiting from using Henry, but I love the way he sets defenses up and uses his weapons. If we only had one star player on offense, he would know how to use that player to make more opportunities for others and still get the star the ball enough. That Ravens game was proof. 

When I think of Eric B, I don't see him recreating what Andy Reid has, but I see him combining his running back coaching experience with AR's system and recreating something similar to what the Shanahan's had offensively for years. I think the hype is real with him. If it wasn't, Pete Carmichael would get the same attention. I think people love him around the league. 

Although I think Atlanta will keep him, I love the work Raheem Morris is doing. Would be 4-1 right now if it wasn't for Gurly's bad play. Julio getting hurt really hurt him against the Saints. He really went back to what works for the struggling team. 

My Bubble coach is Anthony Lynn. His coordinators maybe killing him towards the end of games. Him and Eric B would be based on interviews. 

Edited by rickyt31

8 hours ago, Abe56 said:

His time at Michigan, specifically this season

Hes still has a massive winning record at Michigan. Hes having a bad year and they dont get even close to the recruits OSU gets. Saying hes a laughing stock when hes winning pct is literally around .650 is laughable in its own. 

Like every coach they need talent. Jim hasn’t really gotten the top talent UM is used to getting in his time there recently. His QBs are just ok. Which we all know you need a QB to win at any level.

If we land the 1st pick the ability to sell us having TLaw at QB for that new coach is HUGE!!! He instantly is arguably the most talented QB any of these HC candidates have probably ever coached. So our job is the best job available if we are drafting 1st.