2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

33 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I am still stratching my head that Gase has not been fired yet.  The whole "I am not calling plays, but I am calling plays" disaster today in the post game presser was embarrasing.  

Any one interested in Patricia as a DC?

I just want a CEO HC.  I want him to run the team, develop the culture / tone, establish the phylopshy on both sides of the ball and hire strong coordinators.  

No to Patricia. Guy is lame, zero leadership. Bellichick likely the brains of the operation. I want to stay away from the tree of coaches. They typically suck.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

No to Patricia. Guy is lame, zero leadership. Bellichick likely the brains of the operation. I want to stay away from the tree of coaches. They typically suck.

Not even as DC?  I dont want him as HC but seems to have been a good DC with NE .. yes BB is hands on but something has to rub off, no?  lol

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

Not even as DC?  I dont want him as HC but seems to have been a good DC with NE .. yes BB is hands on but something has to rub off, no?  lol

I want our next coaching staff to be loud and vocal and command respect. Thats just me. I see Patricia back in NE anyway. I also want to change it up defensively and go back to a 4 man front. 

4 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I am still stratching my head that Gase has not been fired yet.  The whole "I am not calling plays, but I am calling plays" disaster today in the post game presser was embarrasing.  

Any one interested in Patricia as a DC?

I just want a CEO HC.  I want him to run the team, develop the culture / tone, establish the phylopshy on both sides of the ball and hire strong coordinators.  

Why would you fire him now?

The media is making something out of nothing with the play calling. 

No to Patricia, I think we need a current assistant who can bring new fresh ideas like the Rams did with Brandon Staley. 

16 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Why would you fire him now?

The media is making something out of nothing with the play calling. 

No to Patricia, I think we need a current assistant who can bring new fresh ideas like the Rams did with Brandon Staley. 

Why fire him now?   Because I want to see how Darnold plays out from under Gase's thumb primarily.  I firmly believe that Gase through perhaps his coaching style, over all approach, system or just his auroa is causing Sam to over think instead of playing.  I don't think Gase is in any realm of being a good coach at this point for Sam.  And I would be very interested to see by wiping the mental slate clean how Sam would play.  If he plays well it builds his trade value if we get the #1 pick or if we don't get the #1 pick for some crazy reason would give a new HC some confidence in him.

What is the upside of keeping him at this point?  What does that accomplish for the future of the players on this roster and the organization in general?

LOL Sam sounds like a freaking robot whenever he is interviewed on the Michael Kaye show.  He's shot.  I still feel bad.

I find it ludicrous he doesn't have the ability to audible and it's also comical whenever they ask him who calls the plays he says "you'll have to ask Adam." It's poisonous.  But at least the defense is playing better.  

I'm not going to stick on the Sam vs Gase subject. They're both gone at the end of the year. Gase was a terrible choice and I don't see Sam being able to make the plays to save his job right now. I'm glad this will all be over soon. We're going to get our coach, QB, and try again for the 900th time. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Why fire him now?   Because I want to see how Darnold plays out from under Gase's thumb primarily.  I firmly believe that Gase through perhaps his coaching style, over all approach, system or just his auroa is causing Sam to over think instead of playing.  I don't think Gase is in any realm of being a good coach at this point for Sam.  And I would be very interested to see by wiping the mental slate clean how Sam would play.  If he plays well it builds his trade value if we get the #1 pick or if we don't get the #1 pick for some crazy reason would give a new HC some confidence in him.

What is the upside of keeping him at this point?  What does that accomplish for the future of the players on this roster and the organization in general?

Darnold sucks man, nothing is going to change that. You think its Gase's fault he's missing throws and throwing terrible picks? Stop it already its sad. 

5 games left, let Gase finish the season out and cut the cord on black Monday. Firing him now changes nothing, if anything the old random win after firing your coach hurts us more than helps us. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

LOL Sam sounds like a freaking robot whenever he is interviewed on the Michael Kaye show.  He's shot.  I still feel bad.

I find it ludicrous he doesn't have the ability to audible and it's also comical whenever they ask him who calls the plays he says "you'll have to ask Adam." It's poisonous.  But at least the defense is playing better.  

I feel bad for him too but not because of the reasons others do but because of the media and this nonsense about who's calling plays. 

Why not ask Sam why he's throwing bad picks and missing throws? Why not ask Sam what does he think he can do to play better?

No they ask this kid who's calling plays as if it matters to him. I'm pretty sure would rather talk about his bad play rather than all the drama. I give Darnold credit for never placing blame on anyone else and making excuses like everyone else does for him. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Darnold sucks man, nothing is going to change that. You think its Gase's fault he's missing throws and throwing terrible picks? Stop it already its sad. 

5 games left, let Gase finish the season out and cut the cord on black Monday. 

He might suck.   But yes I think Gase has the kid thinking not playing.  I am sure if you played a sport at any level you know exactly what I mean.  There is zero reason to a keep such a horrible and toxic HC around this team.  Zero.  

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I feel bad for him too but not because of the reasons others do but because of the media and this nonsense about who's calling plays. 

Why not ask Sam why he's throwing bad picks and missing throws? Why not ask Sam what does he think he can do to play better?

No they ask this kid who's calling plays as if it matters to him. I'm pretty sure would rather talk about his bad play rather than all the drama. I give Darnold credit for never placing blame on anyone else and making excuses like everyone else does for him. 

Did you watch the presser?  The asked him that stuff too.  "What happeend on the pass to Crowder?" 

They ask the other BS stuff too which again is another reason to get rid of Gase now. lol

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

He might suck.   But yes I think Gase has the kid thinking not playing.  I am sure if you played a sport at any level you know exactly what I mean.  There is zero reason to a keep such a horrible and toxic HC around this team.  Zero.  

I played basketball so I get that some coaches are better than others. But I dont think I've ever been a bad player because of the coach I had.

I do understand what you mean by thinking and not playing but this is pro football and the mental aspect is important. Players just aren't out there playing backyard football, Darnold is shot at this point, he literally threw a ball into double coverage again leading to a pick instead of throwing it away. That's not on the coach, thats on him. 

When Mahomes had plays breaking down, he got out the pocket and made the right decisions with the ball. Its like asking Darnold not to make those dumb decisions is somehow blasphemous. 

4 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Did you watch the presser?  The asked him that stuff too.  "What happeend on the pass to Crowder?" 

They ask the other BS stuff too which again is another reason to get rid of Gase now. lol

Michael Kay. 

If we get rid of Gase then after the next game they'll ask him questions about the difference between now and then and so on. Let's just let this end.

30 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I played basketball so I get that some coaches are better than others. But I dont think I've ever been a bad player because of the coach I had.

I do understand what you mean by thinking and not playing but this is pro football and the mental aspect is important. Players just aren't out there playing backyard football, Darnold is shot at this point, he literally threw a ball into double coverage again leading to a pick instead of throwing it away. That's not on the coach, thats on him. 

When Mahomes had plays breaking down, he got out the pocket and made the right decisions with the ball. Its like asking Darnold not to make those dumb decisions is somehow blasphemous. 

I think you are misunderstand what I mean or I am not being clear.   Sam clearly needs to play better and not make bonehead mistakes and he owns his play.  I am simply saying I don't think Gase has teh abilty to help fix that for Sam and I think he has his hands tied (i.e. not allowing him to audible to a play of his chosing at the line),

Example: I played baseball in HS, college and after college.  My varsity HS coaching seeing I had power to the opposite field planted in my head "you should hit everything to right field".  So much so, I worked on being able to hit pitches middle - in to right field that off season.  Led to me being late on a good fastball.  I am swung the bat but I was trying to follow the advise of my manager as this is how he told me I would be successful.  I reality it was not the best approach for me as I was also able to pull the ball with power as well as had straigth away power.  After an early season slump and not starting a couple of games, I said f this adn went back to my more natural approach of driving the ball to all field based on the location of the pitch ... hit HRs to RF, CF and LF after that.  THis is what I mean by Sam being tied down by Gase.  I certainly don't have knowlege of how Gase is coaching him but I see the results.  Yes they unltimately fall on Sam but I am sure Gase is in his head directing him to do certain things that are unnatural to Sam.  A good coach helps not only fix flaws in players but helps players realize their strenghts and then allows or in this caase calls a game to that strenght.  

So it is fair to blast Darnold for bonehead throws but we also need ot realize other dynamics that seem to be at play.