2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

36 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Creativity is a word I'm always skeptical about because some fans see creativity as gadget or trick plays, others see it as unorthodox formations or personnel

Like for me creativity is a TE screen, putting a guy like Tyreek Hill in the backfield to isolate him on a Linebacker, fake Jet sweep counter runs, etc...

True, but I mean just being creative in preparation so plays aren't easily called by fans and defensive players. That could lead to coaches that struggle with adjusting at halftime or preparing for the big games when teams have enough footage. I'm also worried about getting a HC that don't know what to do after losing a hot coordinator. So I'm really looking into this. 

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

I sure hope Gase, doesn't start Flacco, against the Charges, this guy scares me he look real good against the Pats. Those three TD pass he throw were perfect. He doesn't care if we lose Trever Lawrence, he doesn't want to leave with a 0-16 record.

Darnold should be healthy with a bye week. I think it's more that we had our full group of WRs for the 1st time that made the difference, more so than Flacco. While Darnold's deep ball isn't that good. Darnold gives us the best chance to win games. So I'd be more worried about Darnold with our healthy WRs than that of Flacco and our starting WRs.

I think the Chargers just will score too much for us to keep up. Miami is in the playoff race, so they won't lay down for us. After that... NE Week 17 is the only winnable game on paper. But it is any given Sunday... so who knows. Hopefully JAX can win a game between now and Week 17.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Darnold should be healthy with a bye week. I think it's more that we had our full group of WRs for the 1st time that made the difference, more so than Flacco. While Darnold's deep ball isn't that good. Darnold gives us the best chance to win games. So I'd be more worried about Darnold with our healthy WRs than that of Flacco and our starting WRs.

I think the Chargers just will score too much for us to keep up. Miami is in the playoff race, so they won't lay down for us. After that... NE Week 17 is the only winnable game on paper. But it is any given Sunday... so who knows. Hopefully JAX can win a game between now and Week 17.

I think the major part is Becton going to play. I was hoping they would sit him for a few weeks and give him like week 14-17 to play. I'm tired of him getting hurt because we lose him for next year to a major injury that would really put a wet blank on everything. 

The Chargers should score 30-40 points on us. I don't see the jets putting up more than 20 especially with Bosa coming off the edge. 

7 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the major part is Becton going to play. I was hoping they would sit him for a few weeks and give him like week 14-17 to play. I'm tired of him getting hurt because we lose him for next year to a major injury that would really put a wet blank on everything. 

The Chargers should score 30-40 points on us. I don't see the jets putting up more than 20 especially with Bosa coming off the edge. 

Bosa vs Edoga LOL Darnold better pull a Revis and say his hamstring hurts 

Harbaugh, A.Smith, E.Bieniemy, D.Martindale, and just added Raheem Morris for me. 

Brady & Roman are on the bubble right now. Brady is a great play caller, but as some of you mentioned before, it may take some time before he's ready to become a HC. I have to look deeper into Roman's ability to lead & his creativity in terms of how he prepares his team for big match ups. If he's as predictable as the fans and LJ has mentioned, that's a pretty big red flag. At the same time, they have one of the top scoring offenses, but it's hard to tell if it's only because of LJ's skills and how defenses are playing them. 

Raheem is killing it right now in Atlanta. Would be 4-0 if Todd didn't score when he was supposed to kneel. He has the team motivated and adapted the play calling to the player's skills. He's at least worth an interview if Atlanta goes with someone else for some reason. 

I love Matt Campbell, but he does seem committed to college football. His contract doesn't end until 2025. So I'm not going to get my hopes up. 

There’s 3 people that I have my eye on while one seems unrealistic but here me out. 

1. Bill Belichick- I know I know this one seems out of left field and crazy but I think this could work because they have history together and to me unfinished business. If they get the #1 pick and Lawrence declares then that gives him a young Uber talented QB to mold and work with. They also have a lot more draft picks and a ton of cap space to fill the holes on this roster. Certain individuals would have to put their egos aside to make this work for the betterment of the team

2. Eric Bieniemy- This guy is ready to lead and be a HC as he has done a great job in KC, especially with the development of Mahomes. Learning from Andy Reid is a major plus and I would totally be down for him to be the next HC

3. Joe Brady- I know he’s super young and doesn’t have a ton of experience but from what I read he has had success every where he has went and just spews Mccay vibes. It would be risky but it would be a risk I totally would take. 

5 minutes ago, bspice said:

There’s 3 people that I have my eye on while one seems unrealistic but here me out. 

1. Bill Belichick- I know I know this one seems out of left field and crazy but I think this could work because they have history together and to me unfinished business. If they get the #1 pick and Lawrence declares then that gives him a young Uber talented QB to mold and work with. They also have a lot more draft picks and a ton of cap space to fill the holes on this roster. Certain individuals would have to put their egos aside to make this work for the betterment of the team 

BB just stated that leaving the NYJ was his proudest moment not too long ago. He hates our ownership and he'd never coach for us.

20 minutes ago, bspice said:

2. Eric Bieniemy- This guy is ready to lead and be a HC as he has done a great job in KC, especially with the development of Mahomes. Learning from Andy Reid is a major plus and I would totally be down for him to be the next HC

3. Joe Brady- I know he’s super young and doesn’t have a ton of experience but from what I read he has had success every where he has went and just spews Mccay vibes. It would be risky but it would be a risk I totally would take. 

Why do you think Bieniemy is ready to be a head coach?

Brady knows how to run an offense but running a team is whole different thing. He needs more time IMO. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Brady knows how to run an offense but running a team is whole different thing. He needs more time IMO. 

with you 100% on this with both comments.

1- People dont even know for sure what Bieniemy does. He was interviewed dozens of times and was passed up. Maybe because hes just not qualified? Extremely overrated candidate in my honest opinion. However if hes considered a terrific leader, I'll take it over the responsibilities he has or doesnt have in Reids offense

2- Brady is an up and comer. Hes got a terrific design, however he was a passing game coordinator for a single year at LSU and this is his first year as an OC in the NFL. Its impressive but hes very green still and the ability to be a big time leader here trumps anything someone does schematically. Fans have this mindset that we need the guy with the best system and its so far from the truth. Im not the biggest fan of Gases offense but Gase absolutely knows how to design plays but might be the worst leader we've ever had here. The Jets need a general as a HC whom the players are going to respect right away. Brady might be that one day along with everything else he does well, we are no position to take that gamble starting from scratch.

Eric B is on my list based on interviews. I have him next in line for a potential bubble spot. It's just hard to ignore how well developed and prepared. Ried does most of the play calling, but he doesn't have time to make sure each player on the roster is prepared because he has to cover all sides. It literally doesn't matter who the Chiefs lose, they still perform. They lost Hunt and ended up winning the Superbowl with Damien Williams as the leading rusher. Sammy Watkins get hurt every week, then Hardman & Robinson looks great. As great as Mahomes is, someone there is educating him on reading defenses. Mahomes admitted to not being able to read defenses until last year. Now we're seeing a strong mental development because he's currently sitting at 25TDs vs 1int. This was technically supposed to be his sophomore slump. 

Eric B plays a big part in this, but it's all riding on the interviews. He's very interesting. 

48 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Eric B is on my list based on interviews. I have him next in line for a potential bubble spot. It's just hard to ignore how well developed and prepared. Ried does most of the play calling, but he doesn't have time to make sure each player on the roster is prepared because he has to cover all sides. It literally doesn't matter who the Chiefs lose, they still perform. They lost Hunt and ended up winning the Superbowl with Damien Williams as the leading rusher. Sammy Watkins get hurt every week, then Hardman & Robinson looks great. As great as Mahomes is, someone there is educating him on reading defenses. Mahomes admitted to not being able to read defenses until last year. Now we're seeing a strong mental development because he's currently sitting at 25TDs vs 1int. This was technically supposed to be his sophomore slump. 

Eric B plays a big part in this, but it's all riding on the interviews. He's very interesting. 

Idk man, I just dont see anything tangible that jumps out other than that he's the coordinator of an explosive offense that's led by the most gifted Quarterback ever. Gase coordinated 2 great, 1 record breaking, offenses with Manning but it hasn't translated to his head coaching career. If you remember, not sure if you do, but his name was thrown around this fan base when Denver was doing what KC is doing and Gase at least called the offense. 

I think Bieniemy is more "leader" than "creator", I think he's going to pair himself with good coordinators and because he's never called plays he wont need to. 

So for me that's what I'm expecting but I think a lot of fans, and ones I've spoken to have said this, expect him to bring Kansas City wherever he goes.

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk man, I just dont see anything tangible that jumps out other than that he's the coordinator of an explosive offense that's led by the most gifted Quarterback ever. Gase coordinated 2 great, 1 record breaking, offenses with Manning but it hasn't translated to his head coaching career. If you remember, not sure if you do, but his name was thrown around this fan base when Denver was doing what KC is doing and Gase at least called the offense. 

I think Bieniemy is more "leader" than "creator", I think he's going to pair himself with good coordinators and because he's never called plays he wont need to. 

So for me that's what I'm expecting but I think a lot of fans, and ones I've spoken to have said this, expect him to bring Kansas City wherever he goes.

Some decent points there but isn’t that pretty much what JD is as a GM. He was never a decision maker. He was just around some good minds. That’s what Bienamy is. But I don’t think his success as a RB coach should be pushed to the side either. And there’s a lot to be said for him learning from Reid for a few years. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Some decent points there but isn’t that pretty much what JD is as a GM. He was never a decision maker. He was just around some good minds. That’s what Bienamy is. But I don’t think his success as a RB coach should be pushed to the side either. And there’s a lot to be said for him learning from Reid for a few years. 

I’m not using as a slight against Bieniemy but I think the reasoning behind why fans want him vs what the expectation should be is what I’m addressing. 

The Reid tree has been successful so poaching from there isn’t the worst idea, it’s like the mid 2000s grabbing Ravens defensive coordinators. 

The thing Douglas did was get away from Baltimore and prove himself. Imagine if Bieniemy went to another team as an OC and that team took offensively. He would be able to walk into any organization and ask for whatever he wants. 

For me it’s just hard to know what to expect from him schematically. 

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Better to be a year or 2 early on a guy then a year or two too late.  Brady should be in the running for sure.