2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Another interesting thing is that before this whole Saleh coming in for a 2nd visit thing no one had any information about our coaching search and yet somehow when the news of him coming in broke he's our #1 and blah blah blah. 

We dont have leaks in the building anymore either so idk what's going on right now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah thats huge, I just wonder philosophically what his ideas are for offense. I hope it isn't just hire a guy from a successful tree and let him run the offense. 

Mike Lafleur was the name that popped up for OC.  I'd be happy if he brought that Shanny system with him.  I mean he did go against it in practice so he should know it well.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Does he run any unique fronts to create advantages for his D-Linemen or is it just a straight forward wide 9 rush?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just intrigued to know more.

He used to just run the base 4-3 under. Nothing particularly exotic about. Will run a lot of stunts and he and kocurek like to bounce guys around on the line. Will double stack ford and bosa sometimes on the same side with bosa in sort of a 4T type spot and ford out wide. It's very effective in pass rush because bosa can two gap and stunt. Other times he would split them, of course. He's moved AA into a 1t role for games as well. He's very big on flexibility and depth. Lots of players getting lots of snaps

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Another interesting thing is that before this whole Saleh coming in for a 2nd visit thing no one had any information about our coaching search and yet somehow when the news of him coming in broke he's our #1 and blah blah blah. 

We dont have leaks in the building anymore either so idk what's going on right now. 

Saleh was interviewed last Friday and a several other candidates had interviewed with Jets after that.   Give each candidate some time to develop stronger plan for 2nd interview if invited.

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We kind of already knew that though, it was reported earlier the jets would possibly look to bring in more candidates for 2nd interviews and he's just piggy backing off Cimini with the Arthur Smith news. Seems to me like a tweet just to tweet. 

Not keen on Arthur Smith to be honest so I’d rather roll with Saleh if that’s the direction we go but I never wanted a coordinator as most of you know so I’m disappointed in truth. 

Should get the chequebook out and spend whatever it takes on David Shaw, Pat Fitz, Lincoln Riley etc. 

Edited by xenajets

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect us to announce another guy coming in for a 2nd interview today. Probably Smith. Don't think we can with Daboll bc he's still playing. Not sure on that though. 

Doesn't sound like it.

Edited by mattmanz91