2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Could see him bringing someone from the Rams staff like Waldron or O'Connell as well, its all the same tree in the end. I think Staley will want to see some of himself in his OC same way McVay wanted to see some of himself in his DC leading him to Staley. That entire group is absolutely amazing and we'd be benefitting a ton if we bring in a few guys from that group. 

Rams pushed Waldron out of position for Kevin O'Connell for whatever reason but both may be unworthy of hiring for OC.

Curtis Modkins could be best option for Staley.

#1 OC experience

#2 Solid in running game

#3 both him and Staley have constant connection with Vic Fangio.

#4 he is 50 years old so I don't think he is HC material. lol.

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect this process to go for another week. Bills play Saturday so I think we bring in Daboll Sunday for his 2nd interview. Really have it as a 3 headed race between Saleh, Smith and Daboll. Good news... I’d be happy with any of the 3

Add in Joe Brady too. I’ll be happy with any of those 4

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect this process to go for another week. Bills play Saturday so I think we bring in Daboll Sunday for his 2nd interview. Really have it as a 3 headed race between Saleh, Smith and Daboll. Good news... I’d be happy with any of the 3

If the Bills win we can't bring Daboll in for another interview. I'm pretty sure in person can't happen unless their team is out of the playoffs. 

Edited by mattmanz91

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Smith doesn’t do it for me - we’re in dire need of a cultural overhaul and he’s not exactly an awe inspiring presence. After years of Bowles & Gase, I can’t stand the thought of another mundane ‘leader’. 

Saleh is far and away my top choice at the moment, followed by Staley. 

Ya I want nothing to do with Smith. My order is

1. Joe Brady

2. Brian Daboll

3. Eric B.

4. Brandon Staley 

5. There is about 3 or 4 guys on this level. I really don't care about Saleh but I would not be mad about it. This is why I really don't care if he left or not. I still think the media ready way to much into this. I think the Jets will bring in another 2 or 3 guys face to face before they make a decison. You have to wait it out becasue you have so many good coaches on those teams still alive.

36 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Smith doesn’t do it for me - we’re in dire need of a cultural overhaul and he’s not exactly an awe inspiring presence. After years of Bowles & Gase, I can’t stand the thought of another mundane ‘leader’. 

This is what I’m hoping for as well. Saleh checks the box. What about Staley makes you think he can be a culture changer? I’ve seen his name floated around. So trying to get hyped about him if we do hire him.

Martindale i think would fall in this category as well.

Matt Campbell would have been perfect.

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I hear ya. I get the culture change and the fire that comes with Saleh. But it has to be more than a personality change at HC. I mean we need an NFL offense. What does Saleh bring with him offensively (bc at the end of the day that's what 90% of what we need work on)? Mike LaFleur as his OC? A guy pretty much hiring his best friend that brother has success bc he has a HOF QB he's working with? (I get he's a hot commodity, so its not just that)

We know Smith can get the most out of his offensive players. And he does have defensive experience as well. His resume is quite a bit better if you ask me than a guy like Saleh. Its a safer hire. And comes with a proven track record.

This all being said... I want Daboll still. There's risk in waiting it out with him. But I think he's what we need.

At this stage for me its...

1. Daboll

2. Smith

3. Saleh

That's just my opinion. I think with the work we need at QB and as a whole on offense... to not bring in very smart offensive guys (Gase was not this) is going about things wrong. For me LaFleur is not a genius offensive mind. So I'd rather go with the guys who know more on offense.

Urban Meyer to Jax confirmed.

Great news for us because it takes a team that many view as more desirable than us out of the running for candidates we like. 

I'm being selfish, but I hope the Bills and Rams lose this weekend because those are the only teams still in the playoffs with candidates we're interested in. 

Edited by mattmanz91