2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Wait Wait Wait!!! I thought he wanted Jets' job.   Lying isn't acceptable. ggrrrr!!!!

lol I posted this more about the reports of him struggling in interviews. 

I like Eric B's potential, but I'm not locked in on anyone. If we miss him, there are other options. Same for coaches like Brady and Martindale. 

The Campbell rumors are starting to get my hopes up and I hate it. 

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Abut interviewing for qb situation....

All coaches have been busy coaching pro and have no time to study college qbs.  How could they know which college qb is best for them prior to the combine and pro days?

Great point. I think they're at least aware of obviously Lawrence and Fields but guys like Wilson who just broke out this year, there's no way they have enough of an idea on them.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Great point. I think they're at least aware of obviously Lawrence and Fields but guys like Wilson who just broke out this year, there's no way they have enough of an idea on them.

I thought too... Maybe not specific college qb but the plan for qb itself may be a vital key for hiring. 

Once when BB get his QB, this division is going to be tough. When I think about what coaches I could see playing chess with the other coaches in the division, it's Shaw, Campbell, and Saleh come to mind. I really don't have to explain Shaw & Campbell, but Saleh is creeping up the list for me. That defense is trash on paper. I don't care what anyone says. They don't have the talent on that side of the ball to be a top-5 defense against the run and pass in that division. He seems like a great leader, he competed with less, he has experience in the game, and I believe he knowledge of offense should be better than most DC's because his time with Shan and learning the Seahawks/Rams offense every year. He also lead another top ranked defense last season. 

One thing I've realized is that the Campbell rumors haven't been shut down yet. College coaches don't want to lose recruits, so they normally reject stories quickly like Dan did earlier. I also can't see us interviewing a guy like him without getting ready to offer him what ever he want. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but this is tough.