2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

23 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You only mentioned the Patriots year thats why I said 1 year. 

Pederson also just quit on his team in week 17 and on top of that he was just fired because his boss didn't like the vision he had for the team because he was trying to keep people around him that didn't want to evolve his thinking. That inability to adapt is something we dont want. 

I actually think that’s why he was fired.  He said he doesn’t want to be told what to do anymore.  Last year, he told his coaches they were all coming back for 2020 and the owner fired someone (forget who).  I think the owner has too much involvement and the GM should also be canned for his lack of a roster.  

I'm actually pretty intrigued by the Glenn interview. I think sometimes coaches can benefit from not ascending to coordinator before head coach because that kinda keeps them away from nailing down a 'system' and being more open to hiring coaches with different philosophical approaches. Also have to think that for him to catch someone's eye without that coordinator experience is impressive.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

Is this just them getting the Rooney Rule out of the way? I feel like they'd interview Dennis Allen instead of him otherwise...

No it is a legit interest.     Last time I heard Allen could be the man for Jeff Ireland if he got GM gig few years back. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Is this just them getting the Rooney Rule out of the way? I feel like they'd interview Dennis Allen instead of him otherwise...

We interview Bieniemy, Saleh and Lewis so no not the Rooney Rule. Glenn is a former Jet and a rising coach in the ranks mentored by Parcells and Payton.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

If Pederson was the real deal no way in hell would he be getting fired after a Super Bowl win. The fact that they are willing to cut him loose should scare any Jets fan that we are linked to him. That and the fact that players wanted to fight him.

Eagles let him go because he doesn't agree with coach/personel changes.

Just now, JetsandI said:

burnout?

That also he's behind the curve a bit with every team already interviewing their candidates and having an idea on where they want to go direction wise. There are only 6 OC positions potentially available right now(Jets, Texans, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars and Lions) but you would assume all the coaches who end up with those teams already have staff in mind. The you have the Bills who will lose their OC(Daboll) to a job so he could end up there since he worked with McDermott in Philly for a couple years. 

You would think he doesn't want to go backwards.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That also he's behind the curve a bit with every team already interviewing their candidates and having an idea on where they want to go direction wise. There are only 6 OC positions potentially available right now(Jets, Texans, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars and Lions) but you would assume all the coaches who end up with those teams already have staff in mind. The you have the Bills who will lose their OC(Daboll) to a job so he could end up there since he worked with McDermott in Philly for a couple years. 

You would think he doesn't want to go backwards.

Don't forget to rule out him reuniting with his pal Andy Reid.