2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

27 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Also the leagues obsession with Cover 3 is amazing. Staley is so far ahead of the curve its hilarious. McDermott too. 

Having a DL like LA that can get to the QB allows for a cover 3. Let’s not praise Staley too much for recognizing the obvious. I would really like to see a Bills - Rams SB to see how LA handles Allen’s running ability. 

11 minutes ago, xrade said:

Having a DL like LA that can get to the QB allows for a cover 3. Let’s not praise Staley too much for recognizing the obvious. I would really like to see a Bills - Rams SB to see how LA handles Allen’s running ability. 

I will praise him and McDermott for that especially with the league making it harder to play defense. 

55 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Also the leagues obsession with Cover 3 is amazing. Staley is so far ahead of the curve its hilarious. McDermott too. 

Saleh ran the least amount of cover three of his entire tenure this year because of the injuries, and this is the only year I have ever applauded him for his work as a DC. He was great. I always loved him as a coach personality, but was never all in on the defense he coordinated. I don't think that is coincidence, tbh. You have to be flexible in this game now. 

Just now, Forge said:

Saleh ran the least amount of cover three of his entire tenure this year because of the injuries, and this is the only year I have ever applauded him for his work as a DC. He was great. I always loved him as a coach personality, but was never all in on the defense he coordinated. I don't think that is coincidence, tbh. You have to be flexible in this game now. 

I read he ran a lot of Quarters coverage this season

20 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

IDC what defense we run as long as we switch to a 4 man base and get an actual edge rusher.

I, too, prefer 4 down lineman. But I just want a coach that recognizes the players we have and fit their system to maximized their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. No more square pegs in a round hole. We just went through that on O. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

IDC what defense we run as long as we switch to a 4 man base and get an actual edge rusher.

The 4 man base part, most teams run 4DL considering you're in nickel more than 50% of the time. However alignment matters more than just rushing 4. You can get the same pressure with 3 if you create one on one match ups for your best pass rushers. Imagine how good Q and JFM can be not being double teamed on the interior. 

As for getting an EDGE, yes we need one so bad. EDGE rushers are your finishers on big defensive drives. 

18 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I would assume(in no order)

1. Daboll- His familiarity with our team has to be a huge bonus along with his understanding of division rivals. 

2. Eberflus- He connected with Hogan in Indy, Hogan was Douglas' first hire and I think the discipline and approach to the game help him a ton

3. Staley- From what I read people fall in love with this guy when they talk to him, I think the way he sees the entire game will be his selling point.