2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

28 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I would assume(in no order)

1. Daboll- His familiarity with our team has to be a huge bonus along with his understanding of division rivals. 

2. Eberflus- He connected with Hogan in Indy, Hogan was Douglas' first hire and I think the discipline and approach to the game help him a ton

3. Staley- From what I read people fall in love with this guy when they talk to him, I think the way he sees the entire game will be his selling point.

I honestly think Daboll might be their 1st choice as of right now by a small margin but I think he picks the chargers over us if he has a choice. 

Daboll is who I want and reports are is he might be deciding between us and LAC.

That being said... Bc of him really developing Allen and making BUF have a very good offense... are any of you more inclined if he were to be hired to keep Darnold? Build up around him big time. But dole with him and trust Daboll can turn his career trajectory around.

17 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Sell Me on Daboll because man I'm really not feeling that hire.

He's familiar with the franchise, he was a coach here in 07-08 (when Brett Favre was here). He has coached a few years with Nick Saban, at MSU and Bama. He even has a small sample size of defensive experience in NE in 00-01. He knows about winning. He's won 5 SBs in NE. He's coached mainly in our division. So he knows BUF, NE and MIA better than any candidate. He generally gets the most out of his QBs and has shown to develop them. Look at the jump Josh Allen made this year to MVP consideration. He runs a balanced attack and has produced several great seasons from RBs and WRs under his watch.

For us I think what he has done with Allen is HUGE. Took a guy who was raw as can be and molded him into an arguably top 5 QB this season. He has a ton of experience, so its not just hiring the flashy name with no resume along with it. He has been around and is experienced. He has learned from 2 great HCs in Saban and BB. He knows about winning and turning things around.

He's hands down my 1st choice.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He's familiar with the franchise, he was a coach here in 07-08 (when Brett Favre was here). He has coached a few years with Nick Saban, at MSU and Bama. He even has a small sample size of defensive experience in NE in 00-01. He knows about winning. He's won 5 SBs in NE. He's coached mainly in our division. So he knows BUF, NE and MIA better than any candidate. He generally gets the most out of his QBs and has shown to develop them. Look at the jump Josh Allen made this year to MVP consideration. He runs a balanced attack and has produced several great seasons from RBs and WRs under his watch.

For us I think what he has done with Allen is HUGE. Took a guy who was raw as can be and molded him into an arguably top 5 QB this season. He has a ton of experience, so its not just hiring the flashy name with no resume along with it. He has been around and is experienced. He has learned from 2 great HCs in Saban and BB. He knows about winning and turning things around.

He's hands down my 1st choice.

He is my #1 choice too. I think E B will take the Chargers job which is why the Chargers are waiting for him. If EB takes another job then the Chargers get Daboll. I just hope Daboll gets tired of waiting and takes the Jets job once the Bills are gone. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Daboll is who I want and reports are is he might be deciding between us and LAC.

That being said... Bc of him really developing Allen and making BUF have a very good offense... are any of you more inclined if he were to be hired to keep Darnold? Build up around him big time. But dole with him and trust Daboll can turn his career trajectory around.

Nothing against Daboll, but why would he be the only candidate to “fix” Sam?  Yes, he helped to develop Josh. But Sam needs some serious body work. I would be more inclined to draft a rookie and allow Daboll’s staff to develop him, like Josh.

Art Smith would be about the only candidate that has experience helping gase failures. 

Just now, xrade said:

Nothing against Daboll, but why would he be the only candidate to “fix” Sam?  Yes, he helped to develop Josh. But Sam needs some serious body work. I would be more inclined to draft a rookie and allow Daboll’s staff to develop him, like Josh.

Art Smith would be about the only candidate that has experience helping gase failures. 

Nope  Smith wont work with Darnold.  I prefer Mariota to Darnold.