2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Nothing. A guy like Daboll just interviewed so I don't see them bringing him back right away for a 2nd interview. The FO I think has to sit down and narrow down who they even want to do a 2nd interview with. And piggy back further questions and more detailed questions for that candidate from their 1st interview.

Yes it means nothing he's the 1st to do a 2nd interview, but it worth noting that he apparently impressed enough in his 1st interview to get a 2nd one. That list you put out. 1/2 that list probably wont get a 2nd interview. So it is worth noting. 

list isn't even complete.  I left a couple off I think.  The buzz is they really like Saleh.

1 minute ago, dcat said:

That's just Covid protocol.  Every one of them would have been there in the building w/out Covid.  They count, my friend, as "in the building" for 1st interviews.  It's virtual now everywhere.

I still think its a matter of convenience timing wise more than him being our top choice. Cant bring in Daboll, Staley or Bieniemy right now and Saleh has been available since the end of the season. I cant see them rushing this decision. 

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

If it is Saleh in the end I can support it, even though he is a defensive coach, even more so if he brings Lafleur or McDaniel to be o coordinator 

I think too much hot air regarding whether the HC has a defensive or offensive background.  Gase was allegedly an offense guy and look at his putrid offenses in NY and Mia, not to mention his younger days in Chicago, etc.

As long as the HC has the right OC or DC, it's not an issue for me whatsoever.

1 minute ago, dcat said:

I think too much hot air regarding whether the HC has a defensive or offensive background.  Gase was allegedly an offense guy and look at his putrid offenses in NY and Mia, not to mention his younger days in Chicago, etc.

As long as the HC has the right OC or DC, it's not an issue for me whatsoever.

This. The other 3 coaches in our division have defensive background head coaches and are better than us. Get the right guy to lead this team and give the players chances to produce. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I still think its a matter of convenience timing wise more than him being our top choice. Cant bring in Daboll, Staley or Bieniemy right now and Saleh has been available since the end of the season. I cant see them rushing this decision. 

that's not the buzz though.  It's more that they are really liking him. Personally, I have no idea whether or not such info is accurate or speculative.  But it makes sense.  (If it males sense... then the Jets probably do the opposite).

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This. The other 3 coaches in our division have defensive background head coaches and are better than us. Get the right guy to lead this team and give the players chances to produce. 

Yes! But please, I beg Fredo and Woody, PLEASE.. don't shove coordinators he doesn't want down his throat like you have done in the past. Recipe for failure. again.

2 minutes ago, dcat said:

that's not the buzz though.  It's more that they are really liking him. Personally, I have no idea whether or not such info is accurate or speculative.  But it makes sense.  (If it males sense... then the Jets probably do the opposite).

Idk, it was a quiet weekend and then BOOM he's coming in and now we love him(which is possible) but I'll wait til someone on our beat says something. I think a lot of this is coming from Saleh's side to create urgency.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcat said:

Yes! But please, I beg Fredo and Woody, PLEASE.. don't shove coordinators he doesn't want down his throat like you have done in the past. Recipe for failure. again.

Douglas said he would give his opinion if asked but he's not going to force coordinators/coaches on anyone. 

• Like 1