2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Whos FAs on your defense? Bc we need everything besides IDL.

Our entire secondary lol. 

I would expect someone like Spoon as the main person. I'll tell you right now...the ceiling is top notch. When he's on...he's so damn good. But he's so mentally fragile. 

Richard Sherman is also a FA, as is K'waun Williams. I expect the 49ers to really push hard in bringing back the latter, though Sherm is certainly gone.  Williams is a really good slot corner. Tartt is solid safety, but if you bring back Maye, you don't need him. You probably don't want him given he can't stay healthy. He's a quality player, but misses 4-8 games every year without fail. Good leader type on the back end, competent player, just no health. 

Kerry Hyder up front. He was amazing this year all things considered. Led the team in sacks and was easily the best defensive lineman. He'll play an edge and move inside from time to time. 

• Like 1

Someone a bit more tapped in

Saleh already coached in Jacksonville plus having Lawrence is an obvious positive. I think now I understand why we brought him in first. Not to close the deal but of the guys we can hire right now he's the most in demand that we like and they want to check off all the boxes so if they need to make an offer they can. 

I think Saleh plays his cards right and weighs his options. He knows he'll get a job and will probably want to choose.

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

She's not saying anything new - if the Jets want Saleh, which seems to be the case, then they are going to try and close while he's in the building  

No one mentioned him flying down to meet with Philly nor his standing with Jacksonville in terms of him possibly being their guy should Meyer back out. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No one mentioned him flying down to meet with Philly nor his standing with Jacksonville in terms of him possibly being their guy should Meyer back out. 

There are discussions of Saleh flying to Florida next to meet with #Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie at his residence there, per source