2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Gase on why we didn't take shots downfield.

I'm paraphrasing here but basically "we had some stuff later on in the game we going to do but once Perriman got hurt they couldn't go to it."

Fire this ******* right now.  What a joke.

I've had enough of the conservative approach to the games.  The garage play calls running 1 yard outs on 3rd and 3.  It's amazing how often we run that crap and kick FGs down 21 in the red zone.  Terrible.

I said I would wait until like week 8 before I went into full meltdown mode but that quote made me want to punch something.  

Edited by Rockice_8

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Gase on why we didn't take shots downfield.

I'm paraphrasing here but basically "we had some stuff later on in the game we going to do but once Perriman got hurt they couldn't go to it."

Fire this ******* right now.  What a joke.

I've had enough of the conservative approach to the games.  The garage play calls running 1 yard outs on 3rd and 3.  It's amazing how often we run that crap and kick FGs down 21 in the red zone.  Terrible.

I said I would wait until like week 8 before I went into full meltdown mode but that quote made me want to punch something.  

The gameplan was to make sure we get to 3rd and manageable and I think they did that well. He did cite that the 49ers were the best deep pass defense in the league last year so by your estimation you wanted to play to your opponents strength? Correct. That is a bad idea early in the game. 

Later in the game obviously you want to score fast so you can get more possessions to try and make a comeback but ultimately we didn't have the guys to do so and that's just a fact. 

The frustrating part to me is the game can be summed up in 4 plays.

Mostert 80 yard TD- 7 points

McKinnon 3rd & 31- 3 points

Not kicking the FG down 11- 3 points

Herndon dropping that touchdown- 7 points

It is crazy how a game can change if just those 4 plays are flipped to our advantage. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The gameplan was to make sure we get to 3rd and manageable and I think they did that well. He did cite that the 49ers were the best deep pass defense in the league last year so by your estimation you wanted to play to your opponents strength? Correct. That is a bad idea early in the game. 

Later in the game obviously you want to score fast so you can get more possessions to try and make a comeback but ultimately we didn't have the guys to do so and that's just a fact. 

The frustrating part to me is the game can be summed up in 4 plays.

Mostert 80 yard TD- 7 points

McKinnon 3rd & 31- 3 points

Not kicking the FG down 11- 3 points

Herndon dropping that touchdown- 7 points

It is crazy how a game can change if just those 4 plays are flipped to our advantage. 

It's impossible to defend that take.  Their defense was crippled with injuries.  On the DL and secondary.  I don't care what Gase said.  They put up 6 points through the majority of the game without taking one shot over 10 yards it seemed.

Nick Mullens ice cold came in and was pushing the ball further down field to some guy name Bourne and I'm supposed to be ok with our offense.

What is the point of getting into 3rd and short when you run a 1 yards out route and get tackled behind the line to gain.  You can tell me the game plan was this or that but the results against a team missing most of its defense traveling across the county could only get 6 points until the end of the game.  It's so easy to get a PI and flip the field.  Your telling me we didn't have a 2nd and short early in the game where a play action and deep shot wasn't available?

Gase went to 2 TE sets amazingly because he had no choice only to keep them in for blocking.  So now we're gonna run 2 TE sets and have them block.  

His answers only make it that much worse.  At least pretend to care.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

Is anyone else concerned that Patton Oswalt will be making the calls on offense if Gase gets fired? Thought he did a great job in Ratatouille...  

Holy crap! He is Oswalt!  I just always assumed he was a mutant minion. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's impossible to defend that take.  Their defense was crippled with injuries.  On the DL and secondary.  I don't care what Gase said.  They put up 6 points through the majority of the game without taking one shot over 10 yards it seemed.

Nick Mullens ice cold came in and was pushing the ball further down field to some guy name Bourne and I'm supposed to be ok with our offense.

What is the point of getting into 3rd and short when you run a 1 yards out route and get tackled behind the line to gain.  You can tell me the game plan was this or that but the results against a team missing most of its defense traveling across the county could only get 6 points until the end of the game.  It's so easy to get a PI and flip the field.  Your telling me we didn't have a 2nd and short early in the game where a play action and deep shot wasn't available?

Gase went to 2 TE sets amazingly because he had no choice only to keep them in for blocking.  So now we're gonna run 2 TE sets and have them block.  

His answers only make it that much worse.  At least pretend to care.

I'm sorry, did I say you were supposed to be okay with the offense? 

I just dont think trying to beat a team vertically, who locks up the pass vertically, is smart decision making. 

52 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm sorry, did I say you were supposed to be okay with the offense? 

I just dont think trying to beat a team vertically, who locks up the pass vertically, is smart decision making. 

Again that wasn't the defense from a year ago and I didn't say go long all game long.  How about taking a shot every once in awhile especially given we were falling behind quickly.  I mean what was the plan to wait until we were down 21 in the 4th before we went deep.  Given the PI rules not going deep every once in awhile is a joke.

I mean his calls were awful with the 3rd and 3 calling a 1 yard out and another 1 yard out route to Hogan on 2nd and goal.  Just flat out atrocious play calling.

Trying to sum up the game in 4 plays makes it seem like it was close.  That it was not given we could only muster 6 points when it mattered.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Again that wasn't the defense from a year ago and I didn't say go long all game long.  How about taking a shot every once in awhile especially given we were falling behind quickly.  I mean what was the plan to wait until we were down 21 in the 4th before we went deep.  Given the PI rules not going deep every once in awhile is a joke.

I mean his calls were awful with the 3rd and 3 calling a 1 yard out and another 1 yard out route to Hogan on 2nd and goal.  Just flat out atrocious play calling.

Trying to sum up the game in 4 plays makes it seem like it was close.  That it was not given we could only muster 6 points when it mattered.

Personnel =/= scheme. Saleh isn't going to let his team get beat deep, that's their first priority.

I'm not sending Berrios or Malone deep to beat anyone, that's insane. 

You really think the only option was the out there? It was the first read, Sam went to it, 49ers made a good play. Sometimes just credit your opponent. 

4 Plays, 10 point swing each way. We need to create some good luck for ourselves. Take 3 when we should, catch passes that hit us in the numbers and not give up 70 yard runs. 

Listen no one wants to discuss the actual game, that's fine. 

10 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

@Formula 14 is that you jetskid? If so, we missed you. 

If so... I give it couple days before he talks down to people. I’ve been told by every higher up on here, he’s not allowed on here anymore. So we will see.

Hard to tell if it’s him in his few posts with a new account. So I’ll let it play out before I do anything.