2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yea but hiring a coach isn’t a coupon day things. A good search sometimes takes a couple weeks doing several interviews with multiple guys. Really making sure you get a guy your on the same page with and you trust.

JD won’t rush a hire Bc of rumors and with pretty much everyone he’s interviewed (might be everyone) still available. 

They literally did what you said but having several interviews.  You don't need to interview the same candidate 3 times to get a feel for him.  I'm sure these interviews are in depth.

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

They literally did what you said but having several interviews.  You don't need to interview the same candidate 3 times to get a feel for him.  I'm sure these interviews are in depth.

I’d venture to guess that whoever we hire isn’t a 1 interview guy. That’s they’ve at least done 2 interviews with us

19 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You would assume after the first round of interviews they would narrow it down to a few guys they really like not just one guy. Thats the part that feels rushed. 

I have more faith in JD to do it so maybe its just the PTSD in me. 

unless the one guy out of 12 blew them away.  So is it urgency, panic, itchy trigger finger or just that he blew them away in the interviews.  Or is it neither? We will never know, will we?  But watch as lots of people paint their own narratives as factual.  

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Meeting 1 guy in person and hiring him is rushing IMO however if he's the guy he's the guy but to me its just hard to determine that with him getting a 2nd interview and not talking to the rest. 

I would give Daboll, Staley and Bieniemy shots to prove themselves this weekend and really stand out. A huge part of the reason Saleh is a top candidate is the SB run the 49ers made and if a lot of teams had been patient he might have been hired last off-season. 

Assuming all these rumors are right, my guess is we had Saleh as the top candidate coming out of round 1. He reaffirmed that belief and now we are trying to sign him.

We’re at most interviewing 2 or 3 candidates in this next round. It’s not really rushed. More like decisive. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Assuming all these rumors are right, my guess is we had Saleh as the top candidate coming out of round 1. He reaffirmed that belief and now we are trying to sign him.

We’re at most interviewing 2 or 3 candidates in this next round. It’s not really rushed. More like decisive. 

I understand but again, same mindset 6 years ago and we ended up with Bowles because we wouldn't let him go to Atlanta. They were patient and got Quinn/Shanahan and then went to a Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I understand but again, same mindset 6 years ago and we ended up with Bowles because we wouldn't let him go to Atlanta. They were patient and got Quinn/Shanahan and then went to a Super Bowl.

How many guys did we interview before Bowles that year?

Joe D is not Macc, man

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

How many guys did we interview before Bowles that year?

Joe D is not Macc, man

New York Jets

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

New York Jets

Color me surprised