2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Since CJ has final say on HC why on earth did JD plan for one candidate?   I expect 2 more candidates to check out deeper.

CJ has final say but JD will bring that one guy to him and CJ will say okay sounds good he is our HC. JC just wants to look like he has final say in the media and fans eyes. This is just for show and to still make it look like he has the power. 

37 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Since CJ has final say on HC why on earth did JD plan for one candidate?   I expect 2 more candidates to check out deeper.

Douglas has final say, Johnson has to sign off. There is no way JD introduces Saleh to Johnson after he and other jets brass spent the night interviewing him if he isn't the guy. 

11 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If we do end up with this potential staff Kadarius Tooney looks like a real possibility at 23, he’s just the type of WR a Shannahan style offense looks for

That'd be WAY too high for him. There's at least 5 other WRs better than him in the draft besides Smith and Chase. He'd be a huge reach at 23. Now Jaylen Waddle might be a name to keep an eye on there.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That'd be WAY too high for him. There's at least 5 other WRs better than him in the draft besides Smith and Chase. He'd be a huge reach at 23. Now Jaylen Waddle might be a name to keep an eye on there.

I mean he’s already being hyped up seen some places have him in the 1st

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Personally without digging deep into it... Smith, Chase, Waddle, Bateman, Marshall, Olave I all have easily over him.

Okay I’d definitely take Smith, Chase, Bateman, and Waddle over him but Olave and Marshall are up for debate Tooney is a lot different from most of those guys from a style standpoint and would fit better in a projected Shannahan style WCO better than Marshall and Olave

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No reason to hurry this hire unless he's blown you away and you feel a real threat that if he walks out the door he's signing elsewhere ASAP. Otherwise get 2nd interviews from at least 2 more guys.

We can only hope. I'd prefer they see two elite coordinators this weekend in tough match ups and then decide what they want to do from there.