2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

No reason to hurry this hire unless he's blown you away and you feel a real threat that if he walks out the door he's signing elsewhere ASAP. Otherwise get 2nd interviews from at least 2 more guys.

JD is doing what he said he would do and what most of hoped he would do. Cast a wide net by looking at OC, DC, previous HC, and college. He then narrowed the list for in-person interviews. 

I am sure he would have liked or still will have in-person talks with others. Timing is the issue.  If Saleh wowed JD and most of the boxes JD is looking for are checked off, then move before the opportunity passes.  If JD is a little unsure he will bring in another candidate. JD does not strike me as someone who will be pressured into doing this. He knows he has to get it right. 

I do not read too much into the extended in-person interview. Maybe it was planned that way. Maybe JD just wants to ask questions he has after the interview. We shall see soon enough. 

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Not until the contract is done.🧐

I mean thats probably all thats left to do. Someone made a good point that we're simply choosing between the guys we can hire today rather than the guys we can get in a week/weeks. Saleh is the best we can get now, while every other team is being thorough and patient we're striking first.