2021's Head Coaching Candidates

1 minute ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Still a small possibility we extend an offer or already have, but if he got a 2nd interview then you better be dam sure this doesn't rule him out ha.

Oh no. Jets better hurry up and interview Jim Tomsula twice.

Hope we land Saleh ... seems like he’s cut from the right cloth ... also would like it if we brought over someone from the SF offense ... that’s one of the best coached offense as in football and their defense plays hard no matter what 

1 minute ago, mattmanz91 said:

I'm not mad about it but I really like Saleh and would have been happy with the hire. I still like Staley a lot and after some research on Saleh I like them both equally. I guess I'm just used to the jets letting me down because I can't help be feel like we are gonna hire either Smith or Lewis which would bum me out. 

If we hire Marvin Lewis I'm out, I think we're all done with them. I would be okay with Saleh to me it'd be like winning an ugly game, happy we won but not happy with the process involved. I'm just glad Joe is taking his time. Get to know 3 or 4 of these guys in person and then you'll know. 

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

Gross, I can't imagine any quality HC candidate truly believing Philly is a good situation. 

No cap, albatross contract at QB, meddling owner, fractured locker room, just a mess. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If we hire Marvin Lewis I'm out, I think we're all done with them. I would be okay with Saleh to me it'd be like winning an ugly game, happy we won but not happy with the process involved. I'm just glad Joe is taking his time. Get to know 3 or 4 of these guys in person and then you'll know. 

At least I like many of candidates Jets interviewed so Lewis can't be last resort for Jets.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

My issue would be if he's waiting around for Daboll, Saleh get's hired, then we lose out on Daboll.

At the end of the day, unless it's someone older like Marvin Lewis, I'm pretty comfortable with whoever they bring in.  We can nitpick each candidate but who JD and co. choose to pair with JD I will trust.  If that happens to be Saleh then you have to get him signed right now.

• Like 1

Anyone think the strenuous COVID restrictions in the tri-state area will make people hesitant about moving their families out here? Coming from California to New York isn't a problem because the restrictions are somewhat similar but other places have advantages because you can actually "live" out there

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

My issue would be if he's waiting around for Daboll, Saleh get's hired, then we lose out on Daboll.

At the end of the day, unless it's someone older like Marvin Lewis, I'm pretty comfortable with whoever they bring in.  We can nitpick each candidate but who JD and co. choose to pair with JD I will trust.  If that happens to be Saleh then you have to get him signed right now.

I will say this, this did show us that we can trust Douglas to be thorough and patient. He surprised me, I swore they were going to hire Saleh without speaking to anyone else.

I'll say this at least:

I like a lot of these candidates. I still have hope for Saleh but I won't necessarily be upset it we still get a good one. Staley, Smith, Eberflus, Bienemy are all very intriguing options. Daboll and Brady not my favorite options, and Pederson a decent fallback. Would prefer to stay away from Marvin Lewis. Wonder if Glenn even has a shot.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Anyone think the strenuous COVID restrictions in the tri-state area will make people hesitant about moving their families out here? Coming from California to New York isn't a problem because the restrictions are somewhat similar but other places have advantages because you can actually "live" out there

It's definitely possible along with taxes and cost of living.  But I think if your dream is to become a HC and NY happens to be a good opportunity I wouldn't turn it down just because of that.  I also have different beliefs about shutdowns and restrictions and health so who knows.

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

Marvin Lewis went 0-7 in playoff games and was a HC from 2003-2018. That is really bad.

Rex Ryan brought Jets to AFC championship back to back seasons still no luck.

Edited by JetsandI