2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Rex Ryan brought Jets to AFC championship back to back seasons still no luck.

Rex was the best coach this franchise had in years, he represents the good days lol.

Todd Bowles wasn't nearly as bad as Adam Gase who is the worst HC we have had. 

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

Rex was the best coach this franchise had in years, he represents the good days lol.

Todd Bowles wasn't nearly as bad as Adam Gase who is the worst HC we have had. 

Brian Schottenheimer and good days combination?   Are you on drugs?   lol.

3 minutes ago, Johnthejetsfan said:

Just as @xenajetsmentioned, @KingOfNewYorkhas got me researching Brandon Staley and I'm sold. Being able to use his QB experience on the other side of the ball is great.

I spent like 7 hours the other day reading and watching videos on him, it started with an article from The Athletic and then I just read everything I could find then went down a YouTube rabbit hole and I mean impressed isn't the word. Dude is legit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Saleh is 41 years old so his children can't be teens already. right?

edit:  6 children!!!!!!!!   woof!

Madison, Short Hills, Mendham, Summit, Bedminster, Basking Ridge, pretty much most of the area have excellent schools not to mention the ridiculous number of snobby high-rated private schools, but Pingry and Newark academy in Livingston are noteworthy.  

1 minute ago, dcat said:

Madison, Short Hills, Mendham, Summit, Bedminster, Basking Ridge, pretty much most of the area have excellent schools not to mention the ridiculous number of snobby high-rated private schools, but Pingry and Newark academy in Livingston are noteworthy.  

Are they allowing Muslin practice?  don't answer that. lol.

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

What are overall thoughts on Arthur Smith here, and why?

I would say the consensus is we'd be okay with him but he's no ones top choice. Baltimore kinda exposed his offense and when you cant run the ball he just didn't have any other answers. On top of that I read someone or heard it on a podcast I forget but he wants to basically do what Gase did and thats run the offense and let his DC run the defense. Doesn't mean he wont oversee the entire team but his imprint wont be on the D(pause)

Interesting note on him but his father founded FedEx and he's from Memphis so I wonder if he even wants to leave the area. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I would say the consensus is we'd be okay with him but he's no ones top choice. Baltimore kinda exposed his offense and when you cant run the ball he just didn't have any other answers. On top of that I read someone or heard it on a podcast I forget but he wants to basically do what Gase did and thats run the offense and let his DC run the defense. Doesn't mean he wont oversee the entire team but his imprint wont be on the D(pause)

Interesting note on him but his father founded FedEx and he's from Memphis so I wonder if he even wants to leave the area. 

Not only Ravens.   When Henry ran ineffectively, Titans lost every time. I believe Ravens playoff was 4th time this year.

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I spent like 7 hours the other day reading and watching videos on him, it started with an article from The Athletic and then I just read everything I could find then went down a YouTube rabbit hole and I mean impressed isn't the word. Dude is legit.

I'm gonna get so anxious if Saleh is hired by another team and we are waiting on a playoff team to lose to interview our #1 guy, if that guy winds up being Staley I'd be very happy but damn I'm gonna be anxious. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is all info from the play like a jet podcast haha.

I know earlier in the year I was very high on Arthur Smith. Dude uses play-action and pre snap motion so effectively. Also Henry started playing much better after Smith took over because he made some great adjustments to accomodate his running style. I get that a criticism is to say he used Henry as a crutch, but it's also possible he just understands how to play to his players strengths which has been a BIG issue we've all had with Gase.