2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

18 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One thing I'm interested in is length of contract. I think Rhule got a 7 year deal setting a terrible precedent for first time head coaches. Jets will be paying Gase for 2 years so if Saleh wants a 5/6/7 year deal and it doesn't work out then we'd be paying 2 coaches once again for longer duration. Douglas has 4 years left on his deal so I assume Saleh's first deal will align with Douglas. 

@mattmanz91

Edited by KingOfNewYork

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I legit speculated that yesterday lol

Didn't catch that, you might be right lol.

That bugs me though, I mean if the jets offered 6 and he wanted 7 fine but if he wanted 5 and jets offered 4 that's gonna hinder this search moving forward. 

Feels like we just broke up with a girl we weren’t even dating. Damn. All indications are that he was our top candidate. Got to close that deal. It still may happen.

His contract should be similar to Matt LaFleur’s. 4 year deal with a 5th year option at $5.5M per year. Up to the point of him landing the GB job, he had similar experience to Saleh and was equally in demand.

Edited by SDotNova