2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 minute ago, mattmanz91 said:

I think that's just speculation. If anything I think he is their second choice of coaches they can interview now. 

I agree, get those two out the way. See who shakes free this week between the rest you might really like. Next week make an offer or if your guy is still in the playoffs just wait it out and make an offer they cant refuse. I think they know whether or not some of these guys are legitimately interested in the job or not.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I like him too but I soured a little when he said he wouldn't focus on the D.

I also didn't like that quote but I also wonder exactly what he said about it. Gase straight up ignored the entire defensive side of the ball, but I think most candidates will definitely be favoring one side of the ball over the other. Just kinda the nature of the leshue

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

I also didn't like that quote but I also wonder exactly what he said about it. Gase straight up ignored the entire defensive side of the ball, but I think most candidates will definitely be favoring one side of the ball over the other. Just kinda the nature of the leshue

I'm not doing any deep dives until someone is hired but I like Vrabel and hope he rubbed off on Smith.  I like how Tannehill has turned into a big time QB there.  I'm a sucker for the running game, but this is becoming a QB dominant league.  Someone like Smith can hopefully take a young QB and get the most out of him since we missed out on Lawrence.

1 minute ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Depend on which DC he hires.   Gase and Williams were completely independent.

13 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Damn I might be the only one on this board that likes Arthur Smith.

Nope. He is kind of my first choice also. But I will trust JD to make the best choice.  I am not really against any of the options, although Lewis and Glenn does not do it for me. 

1 minute ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I wonder if these teams came to some kinda of agreement, spoken or unspoken, to kinda let the process play out more than it has in the past. Maybe even the coaches. Just seems like a lot of "top choices" are still floating around taking interviews.

Saleh was first candidate to interview with Jets.

Smith was first candidate to interview with Falcons.

People assumed jobs were theirs to take.

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Saleh for Smith exchange?

No, more so it doesn't seem like a second interview means the job is going to be offered at the end of that interview. It's been reported that Atlanta is extremely high on Smith, if they like him so much why did they let him leave to interview with the Jets tonight? I think that teams are going through the motions with these second interviews and if a coach leaves the building it doesn't that candidate won't be offered the job.