2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Well questions about him building a staff seem to be answered even though this is just the defense. This is a great staff on the defensive side of the ball. 

Does it sound like HC/OC split?  ALERT!!!!! lol.

Weaver is a head coaching material so Jets could get 3rd round compensatory selection from each 2023 and 2024 draft if they lost him after one season.  Why not! lol.

18 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Does it sound like HC/OC split?  ALERT!!!!! lol.

Weaver is a head coaching material so Jets could get 3rd round compensatory selection from each 2023 and 2024 draft if they lost him after one season.  Why not! lol.

Forgot about that rule lol. Can someone hire Frank Bush as DC this year please.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is all good stuff, again its not about his inability to adapt but that with teams sharing a similar approach and this being a copy cat league they're going to see what he does and steal it. And then another team does it and so on. And you could say well teams might steal what Staley does well Pete Carroll's tree is the go to tree for defensive coordinators. 

I just fear running a similar style defense as so many other teams that we go into games we are predictable. 

We couldn't be much more predictable than we have been in recent years and under multiple regimes.  "Predictability, Brian Schottenheimer is thy name." For one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes we have a incredible IDL. Our LB group is very good as well (we get arguable the best ILB probably back in 2021). There’s optimism is the secondary with young talent if we resign Maye and Poole. Hall, Poole, Maye, Davis, Austin is an optimistic group. There’s young talent at edge. So yes I do think 90% of the issue is on defense. We still need a legit edge and maybe just a more vet presence on outside CB... but that’s it. On offense... we darn near need everything still.

You and I will just not agree on this. After 2 years off is Mosley really going to be as good as he was on Balt.?

Hall gives way too much cushion so I question his ability to play man. Austin because of his tackling ability and poor coverage may be better suited to S. Davis was marginal at best. Guidry is a 4th CB. Poole and Maye would need to be resigned. We were 29th in passing yards per game, 30th in completion %, 28th is passing TD’s. But, hey, let’s keep the same garbage and HOPE they get better. Thats’s the plan?

Our current pass rushers are just JAGs. Huff MAY develop, Zuniga MAY stay on the field and develop, Kyle Phillips?  Again, resting our hopes on maybe’s.

At least on O we have Mims and Crowder. At RB we have Ty who looked good when allowed to play. I know you dislike Herndon and I can’t argue his production, but unless we are getting Pitts and have an O that uses the TE, the TE is not going to be greatly upgraded.

Based on your 90% threshold, we would devote 1 draft pick of 8 on D and 1 FA signing of, let’s say, 9 to D. Well at least we will be picking top 5 again next year. 

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

You and I will just not agree on this. After 2 years off is Mosley really going to be as good as he was on Balt.?

Hall gives way too much cushion so I question his ability to play man. Austin because of his tackling ability and poor coverage may be better suited to S. Davis was marginal at best. Guidry is a 4th CB. Poole and Maye would need to be resigned. We were 29th in passing yards per game, 30th in completion %, 28th is passing TD’s. But, hey, let’s keep the same garbage and HOPE they get better. Thats’s the plan?

Our current pass rushers are just JAGs. Huff MAY develop, Zuniga MAY stay on the field and develop, Kyle Phillips?  Again, resting our hopes on maybe’s.

At least on O we have Mims and Crowder. At RB we have Ty who looked good when allowed to play. I know you dislike Herndon and I can’t argue his production, but unless we are getting Pitts and have an O that uses the TE, the TE is not going to be greatly upgraded.

Based on your 90% threshold, we would devote 1 draft pick of 8 on D and 1 FA signing of, let’s say, 9 to D. Well at least we will be picking top 5 again next year. 

You’re exactly right. We won’t ever agree on this.

But your side is about as 1 sided as it gets. You’re praising guys that did very little on offense and digging the guys on defense hay did either the same or even more. Mims and Ty are good. But Davis and Hall aren’t. If that’s not seeing things just the way you care to see them. I don’t know what is.

Fact is the roster obviously needs a lot of work. But there’s a lot more in place on defense than that on offense. And that’s a fact. I think you might be the only one who sees otherwise. 

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Who gives a **** about figure-personality.   Andy Reid and Bill Belichick are boring figures as hell and yet they run good football teams.

If you eliminate Arthur Smith because of a lack of emotion to show then you have to dump Brian Daboll as well.

If Joe Douglas is able to see beyond the sideline appearance on tape then we should expect one that will be in full effect to bring relevance to Jets.

You can’t just name two of the best all time coaches as reasons to go for placid guys...,there’s a number of coaches like that and it’s worked for them. 

Unfortunately we’ve had two coaches who are boring, have no personality and who’s teams have quit on them/underperformed. 

We need a big reboot and culture setter...some big time coach with some big time balls. No more card board cut outs at the press conferences. They put me to sleep watching them so god only knows what the players must feel day in and day out. 

16 minutes ago, xenajets said:

You can’t just name two of the best all time coaches as reasons to go for placid guys...,there’s a number of coaches like that and it’s worked for them. 

Unfortunately we’ve had two coaches who are boring, have no personality and who’s teams have quit on them/underperformed. 

We need a big reboot and culture setter...some big time coach with some big time balls. No more card board cut outs at the press conferences. They put me to sleep watching them so god only knows what the players must feel day in and day out. 

Rex had personality and the team quit on him. 

I personally dont care for how much rah rah a coach has, I'm not a player and I dont think we need players who will need a rah rah guy to get them ready. 

I want smart, innovative, adaptive coach who can put players in positions to make plays and I want players who make plays and play unselfishly. 

All that rah rah stuff is secondary.