2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re exactly right. We won’t ever agree on this.

But your side is about as 1 sided as it gets. You’re praising guys that did very little on offense and digging the guys on defense hay did either the same or even more. Mims and Ty are good. But Davis and Hall aren’t. If that’s not seeing things just the way you care to see them. I don’t know what is.

Fact is the roster obviously needs a lot of work. But there’s a lot more in place on defense than that on offense. And that’s a fact. I think you might be the only one who sees otherwise. 

I am not the one who said 90% should be devoted the just O. I believe in a more balanced approach to fill as many of the holes with quality players. That means addressing the O, D, and ST as we need a PK.

I used Mims and Crowder as examples to counter your stance. Both are starting material players. Hall if he develops a little more could be a starter as well. But beyond Hall we need a slot CB and another outside CB.  Ty flashed when he was given the opportunity. We can certainly upgrade but I do not feel drafting a RB with one of our first 3 picks is needed this year.

You recently posted a list of needs and had a CB as one of the top 3 picks. What has changed since then?  We have an opportunity to fix big holes with good players in 2021.

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am not the one who said 90% should be devoted the just O. I believe in a more balanced approach to fill as many of the holes with quality players. That means addressing the O, D, and ST as we need a PK.

I used Mims and Crowder as examples to counter your stance. Both are starting material players. Hall if he develops a little more could be a starter as well. But beyond Hall we need a slot CB and another outside CB.  Ty flashed when he was given the opportunity. We can certainly upgrade but I do not feel drafting a RB with one of our first 3 picks is needed this year.

You recently posted a list of needs and had a CB as one of the top 3 picks. What has changed since then?  We have an opportunity to fix big holes with good players in 2021.

The absolute biggest holes we have are actually on defense. We have barely any pass rush and our CB depth is poor if not atrocious.  

As of now our top 2 outside CBs are pretty much 2 rookies (Hall and Guidrey). In fact Guidrey is more of a slot corner anyway. 

We need help big time on defense. 

I expect our 1st 2 picks to go offense and then I expect to see a lot of defense rounds 2-5.

No reports of any new candidates coming in for second interview means 1 of 2 things.

1. JD and ownership are deliberating on making an offer to either Saleh or Smith.

2. They are waiting to see the outcome of games over the weekend because a candidate of interest is still in the playoffs. 

I think the Jets will hire their HC by Monday.  I don't see them waiting for Eric Bieniemy to finish the playoffs.   Robert Saleh looks like the top candidate.  Not sure how any of the coaches feel about Sam Darnold.  I don't see Sam Darnold remaining the QB of the Jets next year.  

3 minutes ago, famousj said:

I think the Jets will hire their HC by Monday.  I don't see them waiting for Eric Bieniemy to finish the playoffs.   Robert Saleh looks like the top candidate.  Not sure how any of the coaches feel about Sam Darnold.  I don't see Sam Darnold remaining the QB of the Jets next year.  

I don't think you will develop any theory that impacts on Darnold's job. lol.  

Bieniemy will need to resign from Chiefs and take a job of the projected one of the worst teams in NFL next season. lol.

15 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

No reports of any new candidates coming in for second interview means 1 of 2 things.

1. JD and ownership are deliberating on making an offer to either Saleh or Smith.

2. They are waiting to see the outcome of games over the weekend because a candidate of interest is still in the playoffs. 

We should know more Sunday depending on the results of the games this weekend. With no other teams making moves we dont have to either. Jags dont count since they're hiring a guy no one else wants. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I stated in my post that said we need to spend 90% of assets on offense and that we need 1 edge and 1 cb (assuming we resign guys Ike Maye, Poole, Hewitt). Where on offense we need almost everything. RB, 2 WRs, TE, OG, QB... I can keep going. The offense needs way more work. And in today’s bro is way more important as well. 

Other words(ala source crap) Saleh and Smith weren't considered as top 2 candidates yet. Right word is that there is no finalists for Jets right now.

Also, Brian Daboll is said to be on high potential list for JD.

Thats it?  BOooooooooooooRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg

17 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Other words(ala source crap) Saleh and Smith weren't considered as top 2 candidates yet. Right word is that there is no finalists for Jets right now.

Also, Brian Daboll is said to be on high potential list for JD.

Thats it?  BOooooooooooooRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg

Where did you hear this?