2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Someone tell me what Bienemy does well? He’s gotten interview after interview but never the job. Could that be because he’s simply not qualified or impressive? Hiring a coordinator whose hardly asked to call the plays except for this season...how does that warrant all this talk?  Remember he’s not bringing Pat Mahomes with him. 

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Someone tell me what Bienemy does well? He’s gotten interview after interview but never the job. Could that be because he’s simply not qualified or impressive? Hiring a coordinator whose hardly asked to call the plays except for this season...how does that warrant all this talk?  Remember he’s not bringing Pat Mahomes with him. 

Other than colored issue, it is preference.   Browns hired one that they passed over in previous off season. Giants wanted Parcells style coach. Panthers wanted one with HC resume.

For Jets' HC search, Jets wanted experienced HC so Rhule and Gase were ahead of Bienemy.

Edited by JetsandI

Just now, Phillenium said:

What about Duce Staley? He's moved his way up that Eagles staff over the last few year to Assoc. Head Coach and RB Coach. Obviously there would be the JD connection there. Seems like the kind of coach who'd be the CEO but also connect with the players.

Good possibility.

15 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

He's bringing the Reid system with him.  One that is clearly excellent given the track record everywhere he's been.

45 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Its about being around a great football mind for years. JD got our GM job bc of who had been around. Technically speaking he didn't "do much." Bienamy surely has had to learn a ton from Reid over the last several years. Give him a shot.

26 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He's bringing the Reid system with him.  One that is clearly excellent given the track record everywhere he's been.

That’s great...but what about HIM. I don’t wanna keep hiring coaches because of a system or they had success with superstars. 

This franchise needs a CEO HC. Someone you demands accountability. Someone who gets the most out of their players. If Bienemy is that guy great...but that’s what’s going to change the culture here...not just a hot shot coordinator who calls good plays. I want players to be afraid of the HC like they were with Parcells. I know times have changed but that kind of presence still can’t work. Curtis Martin played hurt his entire career out of fear of losing his job to the next man up. Mangini was getting there. Players that cared about and had character. I would take that guy back in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

That’s great...but what about HIM. I don’t wanna keep hiring coaches because of a system or they had success with superstars. 

This franchise needs a CEO HC. Someone you demands accountability. Someone who gets the most out of their players. If Bienemy is that guy great...but that’s what’s going to change the culture here...not just a hot shot coordinator who calls good plays. I want players to be afraid of the HC like they were with Parcells. I know times have changed but that kind of presence still can’t work. Curtis Martin played hurt his entire career out of fear of losing his job to the next man up. Mangini was getting there. Players that cared about and had character. I would take that guy back in a heartbeat. 

He is responsible for developing superstars for sure.  Andy Reid is an old guy that could not handle all tasks so he has Eric to work on developing kids.  Also, a few plays were developed by him to utilize youngsters properly.  There are few games that Reid and Eric worked together calling games, especially high score against Rams.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He also miffed at Rooney thing. He should be hungrier enough to prove he can handle HC gig.

Yeah I hate the Rooney rule. I think its more disrespectful than anything else. It has a good centralized idea but its not exactly working. Hire the guy that is best for you regardless of race. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

McDaniels served HC once (Broncos).  He left Colts because of front office situation. Both him and Allen were immature (mental standpoint) to handle teams but now they should be ready to roll.  Kyle Shanahan quit on Browns and something else in his NFL career but he has done just fine at HC for 49ers. 

Monken definitely isn't the same as Gase because Monken is a very aggressive dude. Problem with Monken right now is the rumor about him badmouthing on Browns last year even though he is right about Browns.

Agreed on Harbaugh but his name will be thrown in for HC gig annually anyway.

I will defer to your insight.  But regarding McDaniels, 5 words - Tim Tebow in rd. 1.  And you're correct about HC, I forgot he was the OC for Rams, not HC.