2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Whoever our next HC is he needs to imprint his personality on BOTH sides of the ball. He can’t just be an offensive guru. Jim Harbaugh would be the perfect fit there.

Keep in mind all HC start off as a coordinator in the NFL or college.  Offensive guru, defensive wizard, or ST genius is all irrelevant.  What we need is a good leader who will hire the right coaching staff.  What we need is a HC that will preach player development while operating within their strengths and masking their weaknesses.  What we need is a HC that will push players without alienating them.  What we need is a HC that will work well with JD preferably as his subordinate.

Harbaugh would not be my first choice because he will want too much power effectively neutering JD.  We do not need any more dysfunction.  I like Arthur Smith for all those reasons mentioned.  My guess is he would bring his QB coach and/or passing game coordinator to serve as his OC.  He would, most likely, bring in an experienced DC.  Maybe even retain GW if he wants to stay.  Being and ex-OL player, he may get along with JD very well.

Whoever it is, I hope it is JD's choice and not Chrissy's.

• Like 1

Fact is is any HC that's highly regarded isn't choosing us more than likely. They are picking up a team with any talent. So it will have to be an up and coming guy that we just "hope" is the next good HC to get a chance.

Why would Harbaugh take this job? In all seriousness.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Fact is is any HC that's highly regarded isn't choosing us more than likely. They are picking up a team with any talent. So it will have to be an up and coming guy that we just "hope" is the next good HC to get a chance.

Agreed.  Plus he has all the power he craves at Michigan.  Which is also why I do not think any established college HC will come here.  

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The only way we can get a guy like Jim Harbough is if we give him a big contract like the Raiders did with Gruden.

I don’t see us giving him a 10 year deal but we will need to give him at least a 6 year deal at $10M per year.

Edited by SDotNova

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The only way we can get a guy like Jim Harbough is if we give him a big contract like the Raiders did with Gruden.

I don’t see us giving him a 10 year deal but we will need to give him at least a 6 year deal at $10M per year.

top money is 12m.   Think Jets atmosphere as most hazardous job on Earth, Pay him 14m annually.

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agreed.  Plus he has all the power he craves at Michigan.  Which is also why I do not think any established college HC will come here.  

Now if we hold the 1st pick. We might have some HC suitors. Bc they will think Lawrence is the real deal.

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lmao someone just said this to me a few mins ago. “At least if you keep Gase around it will increase your chances of landing the first overall pick”

Now I’m conflicted

lol.    One of daytime soap shows needs to be canned so Jets story can replace that slot.

No matter who is HC we are picking top 3. The other thing I would like to add is this. We are an attractive team because we have 2 first round picks this year and next plus of we hit the #1 spot this year that will make it even better. These coaches like Jim H. love a challenge and when they have pieces to play with they love doing that job. The only thing I see staying in the way is JD. If we get a high grade coach who wants say in what players he wants JD better keep his mouth shut and follow along. You get a guy like Jim H. here he will make your job a lot easier as a GM. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

top money is 12m.   Think Jets atmosphere as most hazardous job on Earth, Pay him 14m annually.

So basically in order for the Jets to have a slight chance at hiring Jim Harbough, we’d need to offer something like 7 or 8 year deal at 12-14 per year. And even then it’s just a chance. He did interview with us when we hired Rex. So there’s a chance.

38 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

So basically in order for the Jets to have a slight chance at hiring Jim Harbough, we’d need to offer something like 7 or 8 year deal at 12-14 per year. And even then it’s just a chance. He did interview with us when we hired Rex. So there’s a chance.

What is the real story about Harbaugh and Jets' CEO before hiring Adam Gase?  Some said CEO didn't interest in hiring him. Some said Harbaugh not interested.

41 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That was almost 12 years ago.