Jump to content

2021's Head Coaching Candidates


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Because of the type of team Harbaugh worked with in San Fran & the type of team Joe Douglas is building,  it wouldn't surprise me they worked well together. If the draft picks can prove they're good, I'm sure JH wouldn't mind working with a GM that know what he is doing + have the same vision. 

I don't think so.  JD started with young core.. JH didn't.

Edited by JetsandI
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Not my money but Woody is going to want Harbaugh as hes expressed interest before. If Harbaugh and Douglas cant compromise on personnel decisions, I would send Joe packing even with all those years left on the contract. Harbaugh has won everywhere hes coached. Hes a true leader and true HC who can oversee the entire team. I like Douglas and I believe he knows what he is doing, I truly believe that, but getting Harbaugh would do way more for the direction of this franchise than anyone else we could get. 

EDIT: I say this even with Joe Douglas having a really bad first year. I still believe in this guy. Just would much rather have Harbaugh.

Game result > strategy talk. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Look at the browns. Able to hide mayfield now with a elite run game and good offensive play calling. 

 

The jets are a 0-16 team on paper.  We need a hc who brings an identity and can build a culture.  

Browns were talented but poorly coached. That Jets aren’t talented, right now. When Perriman, Bell, Mims and Smith come back and get some rhythm I wouldn’t be surprised to see us moving the ball better. Last two games we’ve been a lot better in terms of drives that could have gotten us points. With improved options in the passing game and maybe Bell fills the box more to open up the middle of the field we could see some better things out of Darnold and the offense. Time will tell however. The defense has to help the offense tho. We can’t get into situations where we HAVE to pass. The ability to run will open some things up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Look at the browns. Able to hide mayfield now with a elite run game and good offensive play calling. 

 

The jets are a 0-16 team on paper.  We need a hc who brings an identity and can build a culture.  

giphy.gif

 

What paper? lol.

 

Yeah... Browns did good job to slow Mayfield down.  I have been thinking about Steelers with Big Ben in his early career. Run Run Run then enter playoff pass pass pass and finally SB winner.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Browns were talented but poorly coached. That Jets aren’t talented, right now. When Perriman, Bell, Mims and Smith come back and get some rhythm I wouldn’t be surprised to see us moving the ball better. Last two games we’ve been a lot better in terms of drives that could have gotten us points. With improved options in the passing game and maybe Bell fills the box more to open up the middle of the field we could see some better things out of Darnold and the offense. Time will tell however. The defense has to help the offense tho. We can’t get into situations where we HAVE to pass. The ability to run will open some things up. 

The browns have 2 elite rbs,  a ol, and 2 elite wrs.  I wish we had half of that

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

In one of Rich Cimini's passages, he named a few common names plus Adam Stenaivch and Brandon Staley.  I looked up the new names. I think they are too green to handle Jets.

 

Far too often we look at specific units and think "That guy should be a head coach" Packers have best OL in the league right now and the Rams have Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey so naturally their defense will stand out. That's what Cimini did there.

For example, Seahawks are putting up a monsterous start offensively, if this franchise hired Brian Schottenheimer as Head Coach this fan base will lose their minds lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Robby Anderson has gone 28-377-1 in his first four games in Carolina. 

The Panthers are utulizing his improved route tree instead of pigeonholing him as a one off deep threat. 

This on top of Chris Herndon seeing almost no targets when Chris Hogan and Braxton Berrios are our top receivers is maddening. I dont care to kick Gase when hes down, but its a very real phenomenon that players play better in schemes that adjust to their strengths. We look like complete a holes for letting Robby walk for peanuts and watching Herndon disappear. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's nothing worse than a coach that cant evaluate players and use their strengths. Gase is a guy that has a system and has players. And will force that player to do what his system wants. Instead of being a good coach and utilizing every player to his strengths. He will force a square peg into a round hole before he will adjust his scheme. Its baffling. How this guy is still HC is crazy.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There's nothing worse than a coach that cant evaluate players and use their strengths. Gase is a guy that has a system and has players. And will force that player to do what his system wants. Instead of being a good coach and utilizing every player to his strengths. He will force a square peg into a round hole before he will adjust his scheme. Its baffling. How this guy is still HC is crazy.

He should've been fired Friday morning. He doesnt deserve the courtesy of finishing out the year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

There's nothing worse than a coach that cant evaluate players and use their strengths. Gase is a guy that has a system and has players. And will force that player to do what his system wants. Instead of being a good coach and utilizing every player to his strengths. He will force a square peg into a round hole before he will adjust his scheme. Its baffling. How this guy is still HC is crazy.

I honestly wasn't able to find proof his "system" even works. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is laughing at our schemes, Gase is incompetent is the worst HC in football. Damien Woody goes off weekly at how unprepared the Jets look every week.

Gase is arrogant and not good at all, hes a salesman that is it. All talk never substance.  Look at how the 49ers can have massive injuries and still operate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...