2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

At the end of the day, just give this team someone who will work with JD and hopefully, report to him.  Someone who can lead the WHOLE team, not just one aspect.  Someone who can relate to the players without being a wuss.  Someone who will play to the players' strengths now while having a vision for the future.  Someone who believes young players need to be coached to be able play at an NFL level and not just assume they can do it.  Someone who will play nice with the media while not bowing to them.

Am I asking too much?

23 minutes ago, xrade said:

At the end of the day, just give this team someone who will work with JD and hopefully, report to him.  Someone who can lead the WHOLE team, not just one aspect.  Someone who can relate to the players without being a wuss.  Someone who will play to the players' strengths now while having a vision for the future.  Someone who believes young players need to be coached to be able play at an NFL level and not just assume they can do it.  Someone who will play nice with the media while not bowing to them.

Am I asking too much?

If there is still the same man sitting in White House in January, I will hope that CJ doesn't find it to be too much for him to proceed. Attracting quality people is essential.

26 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

If there is still the same man sitting in White House in January, I will hope that CJ doesn't find it to be too much for him to proceed. Attracting quality people is essential.

Yeah, I have my doubts about Chrissy doing the proper thing.  But, as Jets fans, all we have is hope.  No matter how fast it wanes.

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

What this board was so mad at his O because it was so conservative. I have always liked him and would not mind giving him the HC job. 

No - he's still the same Shotty. This year is different because Russell gets more say in play calling, because Russell gets to overrule Shotty.