Jump to content

2021's Head Coaching Candidates


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Well they just got there. Gase had his shot. Joe can stay.

Well, this year is Year 1 for both Gase and JD.   Only thing I can think of why Jets didn't fire Gase immediately.

Edited by JetsandI
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Well, this year is Year 1 for both Gase and JD.   Only thing I can think of why Jets didn't fire Gase immediately.

The way I see it, Gase has been an HC for 4 years already and is on his 5th. He's proven without a doubt that he can't coach a team. Everyone who leaves his touted system goes on to be successful elsewhere (Landry, Tannehill, Robby, Parker, etc). The dude is a dud. Joe is on his first year as GM, so I'm not ready to rule him a bust.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys land the #1 pick I think you all should look at Clemson OC, I would say look at Dabo but I find it hard for you to be able to pry him away from Clemson's job. I think Tony Elliot with Lawrence at qb could be beneficial to you all. As they have a chemistry that has worked for a few years and he has brought along another successful qb in Watson. 

Another option would be Panthers OC Joe Brady, he was a solid coach for a young guy in Burrow while at LSU and he has helping Teddy be a better qb in Carolina. He is a young and innovative OC that can help blossom a team in to something. 

Unfortunately this team looks to be a long term overhaul but with a young offensive minded hc he can either take a shot at landing Lawerence or give the spark Darnold needs and land him some oline talent and weapons to play with in the draft along with an offensive mind guy who can actually do something. I always disliked gase and thought he was in this position and in miami because of manning. If you can find a creative coach that has improved an offense including a qb then they are someone you want to look at but do not look at OC that have used guys like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to be able to get to the next level because they haven't done anything special other then ride the qbs success. I know someone mention McDaniels but if you watch his offense without Brady that will give you a good distinction of what he can do. Outside of a few trick plays I havent seen the offense be that explosive post Brady and making the move would only cause a bigger distraction. Other guys who should at least get an interview are Bieniemy and daboll, not sure if they are up for it but I know they deserve an interview.

Hopefully you guys find someone that can get it done. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

If you guys land the #1 pick I think you all should look at Clemson OC, I would say look at Dabo but I find it hard for you to be able to pry him away from Clemson's job. I think Tony Elliot with Lawrence at qb could be beneficial to you all. As they have a chemistry that has worked for a few years and he has brought along another successful qb in Watson. 

Another option would be Panthers OC Joe Brady, he was a solid coach for a young guy in Burrow while at LSU and he has helping Teddy be a better qb in Carolina. He is a young and innovative OC that can help blossom a team in to something. 

Unfortunately this team looks to be a long term overhaul but with a young offensive minded hc he can either take a shot at landing Lawerence or give the spark Darnold needs and land him some oline talent and weapons to play with in the draft along with an offensive mind guy who can actually do something. I always disliked gase and thought he was in this position and in miami because of manning. If you can find a creative coach that has improved an offense including a qb then they are someone you want to look at but do not look at OC that have used guys like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to be able to get to the next level because they haven't done anything special other then ride the qbs success. I know someone mention McDaniels but if you watch his offense without Brady that will give you a good distinction of what he can do. Outside of a few trick plays I havent seen the offense be that explosive post Brady and making the move would only cause a bigger distraction. Other guys who should at least get an interview are Bieniemy and daboll, not sure if they are up for it but I know they deserve an interview.

Hopefully you guys find someone that can get it done. 

Definitely no.   Tony Elliott just holds the sole OC title for first time ever this year and never has luxury of experience at NFL level.   Too risky to count that kind of coach as NFL HC.  Hiring him as OC is another story, though.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we're all calling for Gases head, but the Johnsons have never fired a coach midseason iirc. Were stuck with this buffoon for another 11 weeks. And theres nothing to watch and nothing to get excited about for these games. 

Gase literally called a change in playcalling step ten and said we are at step two right now at the presser. If 0-6 and throwing for two passing yards in the second and third quarter is step two i dont want to see step ten. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s a real tank 

Exactly, JD wants to hire his own HC and I'll bet he already has feelers out. He wants to be able to tell that coach he's getting him Trevor Lawrence. The team looks completely down right now with no energy and no drive. Let Gase stay for the season to pretty much guarantee the 1st overall pick. 

Edited by mattmanz91
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Exactly, JD wants to hire his own HC and I'll bet he already has feelers out. He wants to be able to tell that coach he's getting him Trevor Lawrence. The team looks completely down right now with no energy and no drive. Let Gase stay for the season to pretty much guarantee the 1st overall pick. 

Whether gase stays or not is not going to affect the outcome.  The Jets lack talent. That is the main reason we are heading into the abyss.  Any interim coach we install will not change that.  What they may change is the locker room black cloud, playing more of the younger players rather than the old has-beens, a general hope that we can move forward, etc.  This team will be picking in the top 3, and most likely #1 regardless of any coaching changes we make. 

Get rid of gase now to begin creating a better locker room culture for 2021.  My name is xrade and I approve this message.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrade said:

Whether gase stays or not is not going to affect the outcome.  The Jets lack talent. That is the main reason we are heading into the abyss.  Any interim coach we install will not change that.  What they may change is the locker room black cloud, playing more of the younger players rather than the old has-beens, a general hope that we can move forward, etc.  This team will be picking in the top 3, and most likely #1 regardless of any coaching changes we make. 

Get rid of gase now to begin creating a better locker room culture for 2021.  My name is xrade and I approve this message.

I don't know, I've seen an uninspired team make a coaching change and win a few games because the interim coach lit a fire in the team. They don't say any given sunday for no reason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrade said:

Whether gase stays or not is not going to affect the outcome.  The Jets lack talent. That is the main reason we are heading into the abyss.  Any interim coach we install will not change that.  What they may change is the locker room black cloud, playing more of the younger players rather than the old has-beens, a general hope that we can move forward, etc.  This team will be picking in the top 3, and most likely #1 regardless of any coaching changes we make. 

Get rid of gase now to begin creating a better locker room culture for 2021.  My name is xrade and I approve this message.

No way we fire Gase now. He is taking all the heat and keeping it off the Owners and JD. I think JD had this all planned out to tank and get T Law. I would go as far to say that JD probably even had a conversation with him in the past few months to make sure he is going in the draft. I think JD has his coach in his mind too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...