2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

I would not be surprised if gase gets fired the day after the Pats game next week.  I don't think GW gets canned then.  Chrissy would want him as interim coach because he has done that before.  GW will be gone in the offseason.

Man, I hate GW. Don't want him to get the satisfaction of being HC again. If you can Gase mid-season, can Greggggg too.

I'm ashamed to say that I put that hatred behind me when we hired him because I desperately wanted it to work out and for us to be good. But seriously, "fudge" that guy.

5 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Man, I hate GW. Don't want him to get the satisfaction of being HC again. If you can Gase mid-season, can Greggggg too.

I'm ashamed to say that I put that hatred behind me when we hired him because I desperately wanted it to work out and for us to be good. But seriously, "fudge" that guy.

I don't have nearly the hatred you do for GW, but I also do not want to see him coaching the Jets in any capacity next year.  In fact, I don't care if the entire coaching staff is dismissed and the new HC can pick his new staff.  However, Chrissy may want GW because of his experience in being the interim coach.  I am not saying I necessarily agree with it, but I can see such a thing happening.

I don’t think GW is interim. His defense has been atrocious and his divisive comments in press conferences work against him.

But as the only HC experience on staff, Jets are better off firing both Gase and GW before the Bye week to give whoever the interim is 2 weeks to prepare for their first game.

Edit: just remembered Joe Vitt is on staff and has interim experience

Edited by Jetfan66
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetfan66 said:

I don’t think GW is interim. His defense has been atrocious and his divisive comments in press conferences work against him.

But as the only HC experience on staff, Jets are better off firing both Gase and GW before the Bye week to give whoever the interim is 2 weeks to prepare for their first game.

Edit: just remembered Joe Vitt is on staff and has interim experience

All valid options, but this is Chrissy we are talking about, not someone who has common sense.

Just when you think it can't get any worse it does.  Gase has been complaining in the media about not having all his WRs but when Mims and Becton come back healthy they don't even get used.

Here the scoop.  Mims got 3 targets and Berrios and J. Smith got 19.  On the first play of the game we ran behind Becton for 7 yards and only ran outside of the LT 1 other time.  Our two best offensive players and we almost go out of our way to not use them.  Gase is beyond pathetic.

Keep the tank strong Gase.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Oh and I'm out on Harbaugh.  I really hope we don't go that route.  I actually think there is a good chance we go big for him because the is the Jets way.  I don't think it's a good idea though.

JH works if JD is out.   Since JD will stick around for 2 more years JH and Matt Campbell may not fit there.  Lincoln Riley could be there if JD actually likes pass first offense but I think JD will rather a balanced offense.

21 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Just when you think it can't get any worse it does.  Gase has been complaining in the media about not having all his WRs but when Mims and Becton come back healthy they don't even get used.

Here the scoop.  Mims got 3 targets and Berrios and J. Smith got 19.  On the first play of the game we ran behind Becton for 7 yards and only ran outside of the LT 1 other time.  Our two best offensive players and we almost go out of our way to not use them.  Gase is beyond pathetic.

Keep the tank strong Gase.

Are you sure that it isn't on Darnold?