2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Man I guess I'm in the minority in this... but Harbaugh isn't that high on my list. I wouldn't dislike the hire, don't get me wrong. But there's others I'd rather for sure. 

He’s proven. He can adapt, his a Head Coach not a coordinator who we aren’t sure can lead a team. He checks literally every box.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Man I guess I'm in the minority in this... but Harbaugh isn't that high on my list. I wouldn't dislike the hire, don't get me wrong. But there's others I'd rather for sure. 

Honestly though after such quiet reserved type coaches in Bowles and Gase I’d rather someone with some fire. Can work both ways so there’s a risk but I think JH is a risk worth taking. Like @KingOfNewYork has said he’s a proven winner. Something we need. 

18 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Honestly though after such quiet reserved type coaches in Bowles and Gase I’d rather someone with some fire. Can work both ways so there’s a risk but I think JH is a risk worth taking. Like @KingOfNewYork has said he’s a proven winner. Something we need. 

As I said... I'd for sure welcome him... He's just not one of my top choices. Would by no means not like him being our next HC.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As I said... I'd for sure welcome him... He's just not one of my top choices. Would by no means not like him being our next HC.

I think this year there’s the case for some really good potential hires for us. Just got to make sure we get the right guy this time. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So was Mike McCarthy.  JH is also an ego maniac and an abrasive personality.  Some times a coach with a personality and fire is a good thing but I'm not on the Harbaugh train.

I think that is a bad idea for a young team and a young GM building the team in his image.  There are plenty of good candidates out there who can come in a be part of JDs vision and not want total control which I suppose JH would want.  Especially with our terrible front office structure that is a bad idea.  JH will be the first one to throw JD under the bus of he doesn't get a player he wants I can see it now.

Harbaugh would be an excellent hire here. The guy can coach. Idc about Michigan but the guys record overall in the both college and the NFL is insanely impressive. Saying he cant win the big game is ridiculous. He was a single play away from winning a super bowl and he went to 3 straight NFC championships. The guy loves football and has energy that we need here. I'll take the guy with experience and evidence of leadership all day over a hot coordinator. I hope Woody is all over this.

Edited by ekill08x

If Harbaugh comes back let’s see his options

Houston? More of a win now situation but he won’t get the keys after the BOB situation. 

Minnesota? More of a win now situation but Spielman runs the show there.

Denver? I doubt he works under Elway.

Atlanta? This is intriguing considering they could go win now or full rebuild. Blank would probably give him the keys to run the show. 

I think the one thing we have is Harbaugh wouldn’t report to Joe D but that also leaves open the possibility of him and Joe having a power struggle

I would want Joe picking the players and Harbaugh picking the coaches and coaching the players up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

So was Mike McCarthy.  JH is also an ego maniac and an abrasive personality.  Some times a coach with a personality and fire is a good thing but I'm not on the Harbaugh train.

I think that is a bad idea for a young team and a young GM building the team in his image.  There are plenty of good candidates out there who can come in a be part of JDs vision and not want total control which I suppose JH would want.  Especially with our terrible front office structure that is a bad idea.  JH will be the first one to throw JD under the bus of he doesn't get a player he wants I can see it now.

McCarthy’s issues ran deep, he was winning because of Rodgers but never took that next step as a coach. Harbaugh has won every where, shown an ability to win many different way. And has the personality we need leading the team. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

McCarthy’s issues ran deep, he was winning because of Rodgers but never took that next step as a coach. Harbaugh has won every where, shown an ability to win many different way. And has the personality we need leading the team. 

Harbaugh had a great defense with Fangio and made his run similar to Rex in NY.  He was able to get enough out of Smith/Keep to get the team to the Superbowl.  In 4 seasons he was in a power struggle with the GM.  If he comes in you don't think he's going to want control?

Are we giving it to him making JD obsolete?

The guy can coach we get that.  How great he really is is debatable though.  Everything else that comes with him though is a possible issue.  Especially given our FO structure.

Adding that massive personality is a huge risk even if it could have huge reward.

Edited by Rockice_8

38 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Harbaugh had a great defense with Fangio and made his run similar to Rex in NY.  He was able to get enough out of Smith/Keep to get the team to the Superbowl.  In 4 seasons he was in a power struggle with the GM.  If he comes in you don't think he's going to want control?

The guy can coach we get that.  How great he really is is debatable though.  Everything else that comes with him though is a possible issue.  Especially given our FO structure.

Adding that massive personality is a huge risk even if it could have huge reward.

This is my point. We'd have 3 people all wanting to make personnel decisions here. Owner, GM and HC. Very unlikely they agree on every decision. Which isn't good. Let everyone do their individual job.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

That’s because he reported to Baalke in SF, he won’t report to Douglas afaik in New York which helps. 

There isn’t a team right now outside of Atlanta where he might get full control of the organization. 

So if he comes back to the pros, we have to get him. Douglas has the personality that he should mesh will with, he doesn’t step on toes and force his coach into things. He’s going to let Harbaugh handle that aspect while he manages the roster. 

• Like 1