2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

15 hours ago, xrade said:

Getting Drew Brees helped a little, too.

I ended there with Sean Payton because we won't know whether or not Saints actually signed Brees to play under different HC for them.   Want to extend this part then Pete Carmichael jr, who hired by Payton, was the reason why Brees signed with Saints.  All three together made Saints and the community turn around big time.  

13 hours ago, Dr.O said:

We need to find a coach that gives us a definitive identity on both sides of the ball

Eric Bieniemy and Jim Harbaugh are guaranteed for that.  Dennis Allen should get better on offensive side.

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Now why make this up? Brady hadn't even been an OC when Rhule was a candidate. He was a Saints offensive assistant(not even position coach) when LSU hired him.

We'd have Rhule, Macaggnan and who knows what.

Brady was not even OC for LSU.  His name is often mentioned because LSU threw a lot. 

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I ended there with Sean Payton because we won't know whether or not Saints actually signed Brees to play under different HC for them.   Want to extend this part then Pete Carmichael jr, who hired by Payton, was the reason why Brees signed with Saints.  All three together made Saints and the community turn around big time.  

Eric Bieniemy and Jim Harbaugh are guaranteed for that.  Dennis Allen should get better on offensive side.

Brady was not even OC for LSU.  His name is often mentioned because LSU threw a lot. 

We HAVE to get one of these guys. The faster we fire Gase the better. Did you know that after Manning left Gase has had no O higher than 22 in the league. He is not an OC let alone a HC. I don't know if he could even coach the higher levels of high school right now. 

19 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

We HAVE to get one of these guys. The faster we fire Gase the better. Did you know that after Manning left Gase has had no O higher than 22 in the league. He is not an OC let alone a HC. I don't know if he could even coach the higher levels of high school right now. 

And when Bienemy flops it’s because he doesn’t have Mahomes and when Harbaugh flops it’s because he doesn’t have control of the roster. The narrative are built in. 

Gase isn’t perfect or even great but week 1 is on Darnold. If he makes the throws he needs to this thread doesn’t exist. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

At this stage I'd say there's a greater than 90% chance that Darnold is still our starting QB in 2021. ( I think its more like 99%)

And less than a 10% chance that Gase is our HC in 2021.

I think it’s all dependent on the Coach tbh

12 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Now why make this up? Brady hadn't even been an OC when Rhule was a candidate. He was a Saints offensive assistant(not even position coach) when LSU hired him.

We'd have Rhule, Macaggnan and who knows what.

You don’t think Rhule would have interviewed Brady if the Jets had hire him and allowed him to build his own staff?

Matt Rhule said he hired Brady because he had experience under Sean Payton. His 1 year in LSU likely made him a stronger candidate.

21 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And when Bienemy flops it’s because he doesn’t have Mahomes and when Harbaugh flops it’s because he doesn’t have control of the roster. The narrative are built in. 

Gase isn’t perfect or even great but week 1 is on Darnold. If he makes the throws he needs to this thread doesn’t exist. 

Have faith in JD.  He will give the next coach the right roster it's just going to take 2 years.  Gase just doesn't have that kind of time his fault or not.  Sam may not either but most would much rather give Sam the benefit of the doubt over a coach with a poor track record.

Just now, SDotNova said:

You don’t think Rhule would have interviewed Brady if the Jets had hire him and allowed him to build his own staff?

Matt Rhule said he hired Brady because he had experience under Sean Payton. His 1 year in LSU likely made him a stronger candidate.

I don’t know if Rhule would have hired him but I’m sure seeing his work at LSU as a play caller made it easier for him to hire him as OC. We once had a guy who worked under Payton as our OC fwiw.

Either way Rhule means Macaggnan is still here so I’ll take that every day of the week because I couldn’t take another off-season from him. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't want to fire Gase in the midst of this season.   Historically, Gregg Williams leaves team once he is removed from interim tag.  I want Gregg to stay with Jets much longer in case if new head coach wants to retain him.

And Ah!   ignore KOT and keep fantasizing your team. lol.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I don't want to fire Gase in the midst of this season.   Historically, Gregg Williams leaves team once he is removed from interim tag.  I want Gregg to stay with Jets much longer in case if new head coach wants to retain him.

And Ah!   ignore KOT and keep fantasizing your team. lol.

I do too but if Gase is gone the likelihood of keeping the DC is usually slim to none with a new HC. Just being realistic.

18 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I do too but if Gase is gone the likelihood of keeping the DC is usually slim to none with a new HC. Just being realistic.

Think Jim Bob Cooter takes over OC duty if Gase actually is fired immediately.

Edited by JetsandI

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Think Jim Bob Cooter takes over OC duty if Gase actually is fired immediately.

He's not getting fired, Christopher Johnson doesn't even have a playoff mandate. This hot seat is all fan and media driven. We want to be a quality organization, we cant just fire everyone or cut everyone when things aren't perfect. If we dont develop and stick to a process then we'll always be seeking those quick fixes.

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He's not getting fired, Christopher Johnson doesn't even have a playoff mandate. This hot seat is all fan and media driven. We want to be a quality organization, we cant just fire everyone or cut everyone when things aren't perfect. If we dont develop and stick to a process then we'll always be seeking those quick fixes.

We go 4-12 or worse... there is no process