2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

My point is there’s a big difference between a guy like Campbell at Minnesota building up a program and making big strides with rather average recruits. Than that if a HC taking over a team that’s always gets great recruits and just keeping them relevant.

I guess we're just making two different points because I'm saying Sumlin wasn't able to get over that hump because of the competition in the SEC. 3/4 teams I named earlier are in the same side. At the moment, he has a chance to take down #20 USC with a team Kirbstreet literally said " I know nothing about" today on Gameday. So I'm just keeping an eye on him. He's not locked in or added on my list, just watching to see if he should be. 

Edited by rickyt31

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

Me too, I'm holding out hope JD can woo him just like philly did with Chip Kelly.

Philly hired Kelly out of Power 5 level.   Campbell has yet to be part of power 5 level or NFL because he keeps rejecting opportunity.  Either he isn't ready or he shies away from big attraction or limelight.  

Just now, JetsandI said:

Tom Allen?

Thought about it, but Indiana is his only program and this will be his 2nd season with a winning record. The other college coaches I'm watching like Campbell, Harbaugh, Mullen, and Sumlin have either had winning records consistently and/or made programs better than what they were when they got hired. These guys have done it with different teams. 

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Thought about it, but Indiana is his only program and this will be his 2nd season with a winning record. The other college coaches I'm watching like Campbell, Harbaugh, Mullen, and Sumlin have either had winning records consistently and/or made programs better than what they were when they got hired. These guys have done it with different teams. 

I feel like Sumlin is more a pretender than an actual HC.

10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I feel like Sumlin is more a pretender than an actual HC.

I'm just checking him out this season to see if he's turning around AZ. He turned Houston into a good team, 6 winning seasons in the SEC, and almost beat #20 USC with a team no one knew anything about yesterday. He's not even in my bubble yet, but I'm watching him to see if he's a sleeper. 

Edited by rickyt31

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Mullen. There's also a real chance he leaves college, there was speculation about it a little while ago. 

2 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Mullen. There's also a real chance he leaves college, there was speculation about it a little while ago. 

I honestly keep forgetting about him. He ran into the same issue with Miss State Sumlin did with Texas A&M, he just had more seasons in the SEC. Switched to a bigger program in the SEC east and is doing great, but a big part is that the SEC east is at it's worst right now. UGA is the only team above 500 right now on that side. No winning records for the rest of the schedule. It's hard to judge, but he is a great coach. Only L's from last season from the season before was from UGA & LSU.