2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm just checking him out this season to see if he's turning around AZ. He turned Houston into a good team, 6 winning seasons in the SEC, and almost beat #20 USC with a team no one knew anything about yesterday. He's not even in my bubble yet, but I'm watching him to see if he's a sleeper. 

If Sumlin somehow gets in your bubble then I can lend you a pin.

Hugh Freeze?  He is a winner everywhere but his character requires to be heavily analyzed.

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Mullen ain't going to Jets if he actually leaves NCAA.

I don't know about that, we can't underestimate JD's respect and pull in the college ranks. He is friends with a lot of college coaches from the many years he spent scouting. I wouldn't be surprised if he draws a very good coach away from college, even a coach no one expected to leave. 

Edited by mattmanz91

52 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I don't know about that, we can't underestimate JD's respect and pull in the college ranks. He is friends with a lot of college coaches from the many years he spent scouting. I wouldn't be surprised if he draws a very good coach away from college, even a coach no one expected to leave. 

Mullen prefers NCAA to NFL because of power control.  Hence, him not going to Jets.

However, Jason La Confora said that NCAA HC may think about NFL gig due to college revenue landscape impacted by COVID19.  Someone may suck up and take $$$. lol.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Not Sumlin.  Freeze. 

Sorry, I thought you were comparing the two. 

I have to check him out again. It's been a while since I've sat and watched a team coached by Freeze. That might be a tough pitch to the Johnsons, fan base, and potential prospects this offseason. 

Yeah, I had to take Roman off my list before last night. The posts from fans was a warning, LJ's comments were confirmation, and last night made it official. I don't care if our next coach calls plays but you at least have to have a creative approach or have your team prepared. Looks like LJ has been saving him. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I had to take Roman off my list before last night. The posts from fans was a warning, LJ's comments were confirmation, and last night made it official. I don't care if our next coach calls plays but you at least have to have a creative approach or have your team prepared. Looks like LJ has been saving him. 

Do we know for fact that Roman won't call plays as HC?  

Roman works well with athletic running QB’s like Kap and Lamar.  It is fun for a year or two until NFL defenses learn to adjust. He has not really developed passers.

I am not the biggest fan of running QB’s. They tend to have a short shelf-life and, as stated, are too one dimensional. Give me a mobile pocket passer every time. I saw a stat during the Ravens game yesterday that the Ravens are 31st in passing yds per game.