2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

44 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Does anyone like Brian daboll? I live in buffalo so i watch pretty much every bills game and his work with Allen has been remarkable. 

Yes, he's # 2 on my list right now. I like him quite a bit.

Edited by mattmanz91

52 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Does anyone like Brian daboll? I live in buffalo so i watch pretty much every bills game and his work with Allen has been remarkable. 

That may be true, but their GM deserves more praise for getting a quality OL and WR. If they are able to upgrade at RB and TE, they will be tough to beat. 

5 hours ago, Greene N White said:

He sure seems like he is doing the right thing in Buffalo, but i can't help but wonder how much of Allen's success is tied to the acquisition of Diggs.  The guy is a beast. He draws double coverage and still gets his. Plus that double coverage he pulls allows Beasley to get a lot of easy 1 on 1 looks underneath, providing a great option for Allen to reliably dump off to. Despite that, Allen has still had some clunker games. Makes me wonder how much Daboll is responsible for.  The other OC option is Beinenmy over in KC, whom I'm equally concerned about because, again, how much is it him and how much is it Reid/Mahomes and company. Honestly, If Harbaugh weren't doing SOOOO bad at Michigan I would have liked to see him be the guy. Has HC exp and has had success with a more mobile QB(Both Darnold and Lawrence could fit the "mobile" tag"). I really want a HC to have some knowns at the NFL level. Someone reliable and trustworthy. We cannot afford to have this next guy flame out as it would mean completely wasting Darnold and/or Lawrence...

This franchise gets laughed at enough. If they Draft Lawrence because they've ruined Darnold, and Sam has success elsewhere while they proceed to ruin Lawrence... man, that will be truly special. This next HC simply has to hit, or at a bare minimum, not be a dumpster fire....

7 hours ago, drew39k said:

He sure seems like he is doing the right thing in Buffalo, but i can't help but wonder how much of Allen's success is tied to the acquisition of Diggs.  The guy is a beast. He draws double coverage and still gets his. Plus that double coverage he pulls allows Beasley to get a lot of easy 1 on 1 looks underneath, providing a great option for Allen to reliably dump off to. Despite that, Allen has still had some clunker games. Makes me wonder how much Daboll is responsible for.  The other OC option is Beinenmy over in KC, whom I'm equally concerned about because, again, how much is it him and how much is it Reid/Mahomes and company. Honestly, If Harbaugh weren't doing SOOOO bad at Michigan I would have liked to see him be the guy. Has HC exp and has had success with a more mobile QB(Both Darnold and Lawrence could fit the "mobile" tag"). I really want a HC to have some knowns at the NFL level. Someone reliable and trustworthy. We cannot afford to have this next guy flame out as it would mean completely wasting Darnold and/or Lawrence...

This franchise gets laughed at enough. If they Draft Lawrence because they've ruined Darnold, and Sam has success elsewhere while they proceed to ruin Lawrence... man, that will be truly special. This next HC simply has to hit, or at a bare minimum, not be a dumpster fire....

Or get weapons and we can mimic these offenses.

I think it would be funny if Bill B. retires this year and tells Kraft to put Josh McDaniels as the HC. Josh steps in for one day leaves and takes the Jets HC job drafts T Law and crushes all off Bill and Brady records. That would be awesome. The Next 20 plus years we have all these great season and the Pats are terrible for 20 years. :)

20 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think it would be funny if Bill B. retires this year and tells Kraft to put Josh McDaniels as the HC. Josh steps in for one day leaves and takes the Jets HC job drafts T Law and crushes all off Bill and Brady records. That would be awesome. The Next 20 plus years we have all these great season and the Pats are terrible for 20 years. :)

I don't trust McDaniels at all but yeah it would be sweet if that happened.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Or get weapons and we can mimic these offenses.

Sure, I'm all for loading up on offense. Not sure there's a wr available that's on the level of Diggs but getting a guy like Jamar Chase would go a long way towards opening up the offense.

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

Sure, I'm all for loading up on offense. Not sure there's a wr available that's on the level of Diggs but getting a guy like Jamar Chase would go a long way towards opening up the offense.

There’s a decent FA class and teams that have to get under the cap with high dollar WRs. So there’s a chance.