2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s a decent FA class and teams that have to get under the cap with high dollar WRs. So there’s a chance.

Is Cooper still an FA at seasons end or did he get extended? He AR or Golladay would all be good FA targets. I'm much less sold on JuJu. The other guy like who could be a real game changer would be Julio Jones. Not a redzone threat at all but a really strong chain mover that can open things up for Mims. He is probably the guy is say could give us the closest thing to a Diggs esc impact. Depending on how our first round goes I'd be curious to see if ATL would bite on a second or maybe our first for Julio and their second.

7 hours ago, drew39k said:

Is Cooper still an FA at seasons end or did he get extended? He AR or Golladay would all be good FA targets. I'm much less sold on JuJu. The other guy like who could be a real game changer would be Julio Jones. Not a redzone threat at all but a really strong chain mover that can open things up for Mims. He is probably the guy is say could give us the closest thing to a Diggs esc impact. Depending on how our first round goes I'd be curious to see if ATL would bite on a second or maybe our first for Julio and their second.

There’s several guys. Golladay, AR15, JuJu, Godwin, etc. As well as the trade market. Wouldn’t surprise me if Michael Thomas could be had. As well as several others with nearly half the league needing to shed cap.

Man, I feel a little bad for Anthony Lynn right now. I've been reading posts from fans who want him out. The only game they lost that they shouldn't have is the game against the Broncos. His seven L's was by a total of 32 points. This isn't a we should hire him post, but I'm curious to see what's going on. Is he the problem or are the players screwing up at the wrong time? 

Out of the free agent WRs, Golladay is my favorite. Potential trade targets, I'm still interested in OBJ. I'd be shocked if Atlanta even listened to offers for Julio. There is a reason why they started winning when he returned. He's still beating double teams with ease. I'd take him because he's still going to be one of the best at least 3 years from now. He opens the offense by himself. I like Thomas, but he was literally fighting teammates and some of the questioning that came up after his second injury came up are interesting. I'm not saying we shouldn't target him, but JD has to make sure this is the right character. I love players with attitude & trash talkers, but we can't add guys who are going to give leaders a hard time. 

At the end of the day, I want a WR defenses have to plan for. I honestly don't care if we draft a WR, the trade/FA market looks really good right now. 

41 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Out of the free agent WRs, Golladay is my favorite. Potential trade targets, I'm still interested in OBJ. I'd be shocked if Atlanta even listened to offers for Julio. There is a reason why they started winning when he returned. He's still beating double teams with ease. I'd take him because he's still going to be one of the best at least 3 years from now. He opens the offense by himself. I like Thomas, but he was literally fighting teammates and some of the questioning that came up after his second injury came up are interesting. I'm not saying we shouldn't target him, but JD has to make sure this is the right character. I love players with attitude & trash talkers, but we can't add guys who are going to give leaders a hard time. 

At the end of the day, I want a WR defenses have to plan for. I honestly don't care if we draft a WR, the trade/FA market looks really good right now. 

Chris Godwin is a name to keep an eye on. Bc TB doesn’t have money and already have Evans. And they’ve shown they can win without him. They might have no choice but to let I’m walk. And he’s just a year removed from looking like a top WR in the league. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Chris Godwin is a name to keep an eye on. Bc TB doesn’t have money and already have Evans. And they’ve shown they can win without him. They might have no choice but to let I’m walk. And he’s just a year removed from looking like a top WR in the league. 

Very true. So many options, I really believe JD will make the right move this time. Godwin, Mims, and Crowder looks really good on paper. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Very true. So many options, I really believe JD will make the right move this time. Godwin, Mims, and Crowder looks really good on paper. 

Its just not a good offseason for him to be cheap. You want talent.... you have to make moves. Maybe go outside your spending zone. Move up in the draft for quality rather than quantity. Etc 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Its just not a good offseason for him to be cheap. You want talent.... you have to make moves. Maybe go outside your spending zone. Move up in the draft for quality rather than quantity. Etc 

I agree with you 100%. What ever it takes. That's why I'm open minded when it comes to making moves for big names. I have a mock draft (it will be my last) I'm working on and it pretty much fits this mindset. 

Reports are popping up that Jim H might get an interview. I read articles that in the last 11 years the Johnsons have always liked him and they have tried but he took other jobs, This might be his last NFL chance and the Jets best chance to grab a winning coach who will change this culture fast. 

I've been on the Harbaugh wagon since day 1 when no one believed we had a shot to get him. I'd still accept him, but JD has to homework on everyone. Although I never believed he had real interest in going back to college, his struggles this year have been hard to watch. Winning big games in the NFL wasn't an issue, so he could very well just be a good NFL coach. It's hard to judge coaches like him. 

I'm still watching my guys Harbaugh, Martindale, Morris, Smith, and Eric B. 

I'm going to watch Lynn to see if he is the issue with the Chargers just in case he gets fired. He came close to beating Brady, Brees, and Mahomes. Just curious to see if he's just dealing with bad luck or if it is poor coaching. 

I have to add Joe Brady back on my list. I know there are some questions about his experience, but his offense is really good. They just beat a .500 team with a XFL QB and no CMC. If we were to get him, we know for a fact our offense will be better and our QB will be in good hands. Just have to add talent and make sure we get the right DC. 

A lot of members here in the general forum are really hyping Robert Saleh as a HC with that CEO mentality. I'll have to look into him a bit more, if he did bring Mike Mcdaniels with him as OC that would be awesome. My only worry would be, it's a matter of when not if he gets poached quickly as HC somewhere.