2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

On 11/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, mattmanz91 said:

A lot of members here in the general forum are really hyping Robert Saleh as a HC with that CEO mentality. I'll have to look into him a bit more, if he did bring Mike Mcdaniels with him as OC that would be awesome. My only worry would be, it's a matter of when not if he gets poached quickly as HC somewhere. 

If we believe Saleh as CEO type HC then there shouldn't matter what happen to OC/DC's future.   

On 11/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, rickyt31 said:

I have to add Joe Brady back on my list. I know there are some questions about his experience, but his offense is really good. They just beat a .500 team with a XFL QB and no CMC. If we were to get him, we know for a fact our offense will be better and our QB will be in good hands. Just have to add talent and make sure we get the right DC. 

Don't remember you remove him.   

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

If we believe Saleh as CEO type HC then there shouldn't matter what happen to OC/DC's future.   

I somewhat agree. A good head coach should be able to find good coordinators but it's always a concern if your QB thrives in a system and then his OC leaves. Sure you can find a new coordinator with a similar system but no two are identical. 

So I was really championing the Robert Saleh hiring as our next head coach, then I found this headline on si.com and now, well, I am not so sure:

"San Francisco 49ers DC Robert Saleh on New York Jets Adam Gase: 'He's a fantastic offensive play caller.'"

This was from Sep 18 when we were about to play the Niners, I believe. Look, this is probably mostly coach speak to fill the void during the week leading up to the game, but it is still very alarming for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So I was really championing the Robert Saleh hiring as our next head coach, then I found this headline on si.com and now, well, I am not so sure:

"San Francisco 49ers DC Robert Saleh on New York Jets Adam Gase: 'He's a fantastic offensive play caller.'"

This was from Sep 18 when we were about to play the Niners, I believe. Look, this is probably mostly coach speak to fill the void during the week leading up to the game, but it is still very alarming for me.

feel like that was a troll comment...like Chris Jones saying the jets are a very good team. 

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Don't remember you remove him.   

Well I put him in my bubble list because I was concerned about his experience, but his play calling is too good. Him calling plays improves the offense right away, we'll just need the right DC. What Brady could do with Lawrence or Fields could be deadly. 

46 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Well I put him in my bubble list because I was concerned about his experience, but his play calling is too good. Him calling plays improves the offense right away, we'll just need the right DC. What Brady could do with Lawrence or Fields could be deadly. 

ah  bubble.   He should stand solid since he graduated from William & Mary.

• Like 1

Robert Saleh is interesting. I love defenses and he's some how ranked 11th in ppg allowed. That depth chart doesn't look good at all. So he may be pretty good at adapting to the talent he has on the field. Did amazing work last season, but I'm not sure if I can pitch him as a Jets coach compared to the other options. I'm looking for a good coach who can bring new energy on the field. 

Harbaugh, Brady, Raheem Morris, Eric B (Based on interviews), Arthur Smith, and Martindale. Anthony Lynn will go in the bubble if fired. I don't think Matt Campbell would give the NFL a chance. Arthur ate up Martindale's defense last weekend. Harbaugh, Brady, and Smith would probably be my top 3 right now. 

12 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Robert Saleh is interesting. I love defenses and he's some how ranked 11th in ppg allowed. That depth chart doesn't look good at all. So he may be pretty good at adapting to the talent he has on the field. Did amazing work last season, but I'm not sure if I can pitch him as a Jets coach compared to the other options. I'm looking for a good coach who can bring new energy on the field. 

Harbaugh, Brady, Raheem Morris, Eric B (Based on interviews), Arthur Smith, and Martindale. Anthony Lynn will go in the bubble if fired. I don't think Matt Campbell would give the NFL a chance. Arthur ate up Martindale's defense last weekend. Harbaugh, Brady, and Smith would probably be my top 3 right now. 

Martindale's defense was missing Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell on the interior. Derrick Henry wore them down. I hardly think that game gives either coordinator a grade, positive or negative.

What Robert Saleh has done with the 49ers defense this season, without Nick Bosa and Richard Sherman in particular, and without many others for spurts, is rather remarkable. 

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Martindale's defense was missing Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell on the interior. Derrick Henry wore them down. I hardly think that game gives either coordinator a grade, positive or negative.

What Robert Saleh has done with the 49ers defense this season, without Nick Bosa and Richard Sherman in particular, and without many others for spurts, is rather remarkable. 

The injuries played a part, but the Titans wasn't going to be stopped if they were on the field. The way they used Tannehill in roll outs and attacked in all angles, it was amazing to watch. Corey Davis got what ever he wanted against a great defense. I'm not using this game to take Martindale off my list, I just know Arthur got him in that one by finding all the gaps in the scheme. 

One of my targets Raheem Morris has a interesting testing coming up against Oakland. We're about to see what he can do without Julio possibly. He would be 4-1 if Gurley kneeled against Detroit. Raiders beat the Saints and Chiefs this season. 

We can see what type of adjustments Arthur Smith makes against the Colts two weeks after they got crushed by them. 

Joe Brady against the Vikings should be fun. There are holes in the Vikings defense, I want to see if Brady attack them with his guys. 

Martindale faces a undefeated team with a great WR core.