2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Albert Breer hinted that Joe Douglas and Adam Gase may be shown to the door. I am not sure if he actually picked up something in Jets' music but 2020 result suggests very clearly.

After the failing run of arranged marriage between GM and HC, I do hope Woody will suspend this philosophy for Jim Harbaugh as it is only ONE way to hire JH.

35 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Albert Breer hinted that Joe Douglas and Adam Gase may be shown to the door. I am not sure if he actually picked up something in Jets' music but 2020 result suggests very clearly.

After the failing run of arranged marriage between GM and HC, I do hope Woody will suspend this philosophy for Jim Harbaugh as it is only ONE way to hire JH.

I dont think there is any chance they show Douglas the door, it would be a monumental mistake. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Where did you see that? I would be very surprised by that. 

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Well, whenever Woody actually does it right.

I truly hope Woody is not that stupid. Douglas' draft is actually bearing fruit. Hes made a bunch of good moves to acquire assets and clear cap. You cant keep firing GMs every 2-3 years and ever build anything and we wont.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I truly hope Woody is not that stupid. Douglas' draft is actually bearing fruit. Hes made a bunch of good moves to acquire assets and clear cap. You cant keep firing GMs every 2-3 years and ever build anything and we wont.

Yeah,  too early to can JD.    Besides, I am sure there are some lawsuits awaiting for Woody to touch on US soil. Too many distractions for Woody.

My fandom is on thin ice. I stopped watching the Knicks and Mets a long time ago for similar ineptitude. Masato Yoshii (or there abouts; sometime in the early 2000’s) was in the rotation the last time I watched a meaningful amount of Mets game. The knicks have probably had 3 coaches since I last watched them.

If they fire Douglas, that’ll be it for me. 

Edited by SDotNova

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

My fandom is on thin ice. I stopped watching the Knicks and Mets a long time ago. Masato Yoshii (or there about a - sometime in the early 2000’s) was in the rotation the last time I watched a meaningful amount of Mets game. The kicks have probably had 3 coaches since I last watched them.

If they fire Douglas, that’ll be it for me. 

I'm with ya on the Knicks front, they've destroyed connection I had with them. Whole I'm not at that point yet with the Jets, I'm getting there. The big difference though, is that for the most part I enjoy nfl games.i can't say the same for the NBA any more. Too much flopping and me first play.

30 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I'm with ya on the Knicks front, they've destroyed connection I had with them. Whole I'm not at that point yet with the Jets, I'm getting there. The big difference though, is that for the most part I enjoy nfl games.i can't say the same for the NBA any more. Too much flopping and me first play.

That’s true. But I’m just finding other avenues to watch good football. Like I watch other teams just as much now. I also watch more college games and even high school games. Going to a high school game in Texas is something else. Lots of fun for the kids.

I don’t have any remaining connection with the Knicks and Mets. There’s a bit left with the Jets. But I honestly don’t get emotional one way or the other any more. Douglas’ draft is giving me some hope that we finally have an adult in the room.

It’s sad what NY teams have done over the last two decades.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Can you post the quote?

52 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I am looking.  I also remember that JD may be out because he isn't Woody's in as if he is about to clear out his brother's work.

I could not find one in SI.  I went back to NFLtraderumors and I got confused by one that talked about Pat Fitzgerald.   Did I suck for fake news or something? dunno.  Whatever it is I am sure Breer meant to exercise the scout's motto for Jets' fans just in case. lol.

apologies.