2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd say going from 7-9 to 4-12 isnt a process. If there is a process... it's painfully not working and trending in the wrong direction. 

Which would you prefer

6-10 but we look like a damn good football team a player or two away from taking a step.

or

9-7 but we consistently look like the team Buffalo blasted.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Which would you prefer

6-10 but we look like a damn good football team a player or two away from taking a step.

or

The team that played Buffalo goes 0-16, so to say they are 9-7 is about as fake as it gets. 6-10 and look good and competitive I'd be ok with.

HENCE why I said 4-12 or worse. You just brought up 2 situations that neither had us 4-12 or worse. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Which would you prefer

or

Either as long as Jets looks better than last year.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

The team that played Buffalo goes 0-16, so to say they are 9-7 is about as fake as it gets. 6-10 and look good and competitive I'd be ok with.

HENCE why I said 4-12 or worse. You just brought up 2 situations that neither had us 4-12 or worse. 

Record =/= process 

Again most of you guys are results oriented. and that’s fine, it’s a results business. But the process is much more important. Like wanting Joe D to run through our draft picks because 1 week was bad.

We want to win bad I know that. Bowles first year was a results year but quickly showed that he nor Macaggnan had any idea on how to build sustainable success. Gase has to be better, Darnold has to be better, so on and so forth. But that doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll win. And winning doesn’t necessarily mean we have something that works either. 

21 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And when Bienemy flops it’s because he doesn’t have Mahomes and when Harbaugh flops it’s because he doesn’t have control of the roster. The narrative are built in. 

Gase isn’t perfect or even great but week 1 is on Darnold. If he makes the throws he needs to this thread doesn’t exist. 

I disagree. Where ever Jim goes he builds a great team. When he was at Stanford and the 49ers he did great. Now that he is a Mich he has done some great things too but it seems he has been kind of flat the last year at Mich. I think a new change and a new project of building a team will do well for him. I do agree that no matter who the HC is he has to have some what of a say because in the end he has to coach these guys not the GM. 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree. Where ever Jim goes he builds a great team. When he was at Stanford and the 49ers he did great. Now that he is a Mich he has done some great things too but it seems he has been kind of flat the last year at Mich. I think a new change and a new project of building a team will do well for him. I do agree that no matter who the HC is he has to have some what of a say because in the end he has to coach these guys not the GM. 

Yeah the Harbaugh one was a stretch but that would be the narrative if he failed under us. Hopefully tho if we did get him he’d see his brother and DeCosta doing well in Baltimore and see a similar possibility with us. 

45 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Record =/= process 

Again most of you guys are results oriented. and that’s fine, it’s a results business. But the process is much more important. Like wanting Joe D to run through our draft picks because 1 week was bad.

So we don't need a proven WR?

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Which would you prefer

or

Our record has nothing to do with the most important thing this year, its Sam Darnold process, if he doesn't step up big time this year the whole rebuilding plan will go up in flames. Just thinking about Darnold failing is a nightmare for me. I have been waiting for over 40 year to get that  franchise QB. while most you people were in diapers.

23 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Our record has nothing to do with the most important thing this year, its Sam Darnold process, if he doesn't step up big time this year the whole rebuilding plan will go up in flames. Just thinking about Darnold failing is a nightmare for me. I have been waiting for over 40 year to get that  franchise QB. while most you people were in diapers.

It is sad that Jets still need someone to wipe their butts.