2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Hes still has a massive winning record at Michigan. Hes having a bad year and they dont get even close to the recruits OSU gets. Saying hes a laughing stock when hes winning pct is literally around .650 is laughable in its own. 

Winning record by just beating the easy teams they are supposed to beat

Some Harbaugh records since he has been there

Besides that, winless vs Ohio St, 1-6 at home combined vs two biggest rivals in MSU and OSU

Has never won a road game vs a ranked team

1-5 in Bowl games

Has never developed a quality QB at Michigan

His list of accomplishments at Michigan is pretty much zero

5 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Besides that, winless vs Ohio St, 1-6 at home combined vs two biggest rivals in MSU and OSU

1-5 in Bowl games

So hes "underachieved" at MIchigan with subpar recruits...so lets forget about everything else on his resume I see...I love when people bring up the record against OSU, those teams arent even comparable and its not like Michigan was beating them before he got there. Again, hes not my first choice, but to call him laughable...come on.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

So hes "underachieved" at MIchigan with subpar recruits...so lets forget about everything else on his resume I see...I love when people bring up the record against OSU, those teams arent even comparable and its not like Michigan was beating them before he got there. Again, hes not my first choice, but to call him laughable...come on.

Subpar recruits???

2016 - #4 class nationally

2017 - #4 class nationally

2018 - #24 class nationally

2019 - #10 class nationally

2020 -  #11 class nationally

Im an Ohio St. fan, teams we’ve lost to over the past few years like Northwestern, Purdue, Iowa even almost Indiana last week have had nowhere near that type of recruiting

Maybe for a team like the Lions who have little offer currently, he would be an ok hire but for us with potentially one of the best QB prospects ever, tons of cap room and lots of draft picks for now and the future, NY market , it would be a bottom of the barrel hire

With our situation should be able to get the primo hire

Just now, Abe56 said:

Subpar recruits???

2016 - #4 class nationally

2017 - #4 class nationally

2018 - #24 class nationally

2019 - #10 class nationally

2020 -  #11 class nationally

Im an Ohio St. fan, teams we’ve lost to over the past few years like Northwestern, Purdue, Iowa even almost Indiana last week have had nowhere near that type of recruiting

Maybe for a team like the Lions who have little offer currently, he would be an ok hire but for us with potentially one of the best QB prospects ever, tons of cap room and lots of draft picks for now and the future, NY market , it would be a bottom of the barrel hire

With our situation should be able to get the primo hire

I found different rankings myself but they actually support your argument more than mine either way. Okay so he didnt do so well at Michigan. I still think he would be a good hire if he was on board with just being the HC. Obviously we dont agree on that lol so we'll leave it there. I personally have always loved his leadership and what he do with Alex Smith. I want the big time leader for a HC no matter who that is, not just a hot OC who couldn't leader a pop warner team. A lot of fans seem to forget that leadership is by far the biggest and most important trait for a HC. Since we dont agree on JH, im curious who you like personally? I myself like the thought of the college program building HCs in Campbell and Fleck, but if we go the coordinator route, I love Arthur Smith and Robert Saleh. I know people bring up Wink Martindale, but he is WAY too much of a Rex Ryan clone for me personally and even though I will always love Rex, Rex inherited a ready made team, this is building from the foundation up. 

27 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I found different rankings myself but they actually support your argument more than mine either way. Okay so he didnt do so well at Michigan. I still think he would be a good hire if he was on board with just being the HC. Obviously we dont agree on that lol so we'll leave it there. I personally have always loved his leadership and what he do with Alex Smith. I want the big time leader for a HC no matter who that is, not just a hot OC who couldn't leader a pop warner team. A lot of fans seem to forget that leadership is by far the biggest and most important trait for a HC. Since we dont agree on JH, im curious who you like personally? I myself like the thought of the college program building HCs in Campbell and Fleck, but if we go the coordinator route, I love Arthur Smith and Robert Saleh. I know people bring up Wink Martindale, but he is WAY too much of a Rex Ryan clone for me personally and even though I will always love Rex, Rex inherited a ready made team, this is building from the foundation up. 

Personally I dont have a favorite yet and I agree on the program builder type since this roster isnt an overnight fix (I really wanted Rhule before they hired Gase), but to me the biggest standout right now is Joe Brady. I think he has the highest ceiling (like a Sean McVay) because of the potential work he can do with Lawrence and his age if he works out can be the HC for decade plus and while it is risky because of inexperience also dont want to miss the boat on something potentially new and great and go the old retread option.  So if we dont hire him now but never get the chance again is what im saying.  

And if we were to go the college ranks, I do like Campbell, but I think im more into Pat Fitzgerald, even though I think he is a NW lifer

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

Personally I dont have a favorite yet and I agree on the program builder type since this roster isnt an overnight fix (I really wanted Rhule before they hired Gase), but to me the biggest standout right now is Joe Brady. I think he has the highest ceiling (like a Sean McVay) because of the potential work he can do with Lawrence and his age if he works out can be the HC for decade plus and while it is risky because of inexperience also dont want to miss the boat on something potentially new and great and go the old retread option.  So if we dont hire him now but never get the chance again is what im saying.  

And if we were to go the college ranks, I do like Campbell, but I think im more into Pat Fitzgerald, even though I think he is a NW lifer

Yeah I do like Brady, I just think this job is going to be a huge project for a young inexperienced kid like him but he is the real deal. I like Fitz too but I feel like he bleeds Chicago blood. Could end up leaving NW for the Bears once they realize Nagy sucks. Its going to be an interesting interviewing process.

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

1-5 in Bowl games

His experience and resume as a PRO coach is why you bring him in. He saved Alex Smith, developed Colin Kaepernick, coaches all 3 phases of the team. 

I'm down to Harbaugh, Arthur Smith, Eric B, Brady, and Martindale. Atlanta will resign Raheem and even if the coordinators were the issue, Anthony Lynn is too risky of a hire(removing him from my bubble). There are other coaches out there, but their either too risky or I don't see them going anywhere. I've been impressed with Arthur Smith the most this season, but Harbaugh has the best resume and proven ability to make teams better than they were. 

I am still stratching my head that Gase has not been fired yet.  The whole "I am not calling plays, but I am calling plays" disaster today in the post game presser was embarrasing.  

Any one interested in Patricia as a DC?

I just want a CEO HC.  I want him to run the team, develop the culture / tone, establish the phylopshy on both sides of the ball and hire strong coordinators.