2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Big thing for me is the 1st pick. Our cap situation is intriguing for a HC if they can sit down and explained what the plan of attack is. But if we have that 1st pick and able to sell a HC TLaw with them. Thats HUGE.

Our job isn't nearly as desirable if its trying to sell Fields at 2 or even saying we are staying with Darnold for that matter.

So I think us having the 1st pick is bigger than the obvious of getting TLaw. It's getting a very good HC as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Big thing for me is the 1st pick. Our cap situation is intriguing for a HC if they can sit down and explained what the plan of attack is. But if we have that 1st pick and able to sell a HC TLaw with them. Thats HUGE.

Our job isn't nearly as desirable if its trying to sell Fields at 2 or even saying we are staying with Darnold for that matter.

So I think us having the 1st pick is bigger than the obvious of getting TLaw. It's getting a very good HC as well.

Anything other than the first overall pick and this season is a monumental failure of epic proportions and will simply further us getting out of this black hole.

• Like 2

I think the Jets job will be the top of the list for several HC. The only things I have read is how much cap space you will have and the #1 pick but you are also forgetting that A LOT of coaches respect and love JD as a GM. I think that is more important than the cap space. Bill Cowher was almost our coach years ago but the Jets refused to get ride of the GM. I think you guys should really look at what Bill Cowher could do for this team. He is 63 years old so he has a good 8 years left in him. I think this is a **** Vermeil situation. He comes back and ready to roll. Heck Bill might even talk Rex into becoming his DC. I think this Jets HC job is the top of the list for the vast majority of the coaches. I'm not buying to much into the ownership. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Jets job will be the top of the list for several HC. The only things I have read is how much cap space you will have and the #1 pick but you are also forgetting that A LOT of coaches respect and love JD as a GM. I think that is more important than the cap space. Bill Cowher was almost our coach years ago but the Jets refused to get ride of the GM. I think you guys should really look at what Bill Cowher could do for this team. He is 63 years old so he has a good 8 years left in him. I think this is a **** Vermeil situation. He comes back and ready to roll. Heck Bill might even talk Rex into becoming his DC. I think this Jets HC job is the top of the list for the vast majority of the coaches. I'm not buying to much into the ownership. 

I hope you are right, but I respectfully disagree. EVERYTHING starts with ownership, and coaches know this more than anyone.

2 hours ago, Greene N White said:

I’m really thinking Brian Daboll should be our #1 guy. He did a fantastic job w Allen in buffalo they are moving the ball like crazy I actually saw a statistic they have punted the least in the nfl. 5x super bowl champ w New England and won a title w Alabama he comes from a winning culture.

I like him a lot. Also, he knows the AFC East very very well, which will help with matchups. 

2 hours ago, Greene N White said:

I’m really thinking Brian Daboll should be our #1 guy. He did a fantastic job w Allen in buffalo they are moving the ball like crazy I actually saw a statistic they have punted the least in the nfl. 5x super bowl champ w New England and won a title w Alabama he comes from a winning culture.

I like Daboll  as well, but can he fix gase eff ups like Smith? Making Tannehill a serviceable QB is nothing short of wizard-like.

8 hours ago, Greene N White said:

Tannehill has always been decent if you ask me

45 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Tannehill was always a good QB, he’s just been injury prone before Tennessee 

He was not good in Miami under gase.  He was serviceable but he really grew in Tenn. I give Art credit, but it could also be Tanny's maturity at playing QB.  Nonetheless, a mediocre QB in Miami turned into a good, not great, QB in Tenn.

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

He was not good in Miami under gase.  He was serviceable but he really grew in Tenn. I give Art credit, but it could also be Tanny's maturity at playing QB.  Nonetheless, a mediocre QB in Miami turned into a good, not great, QB in Tenn.

Tannehill is an average NFL starter. He has a star RB and 2 very talented WRs he plays with. Along with a decent OL as well.