2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No but then again I watch the game film. Bowles didn't get this much hate and he was worse than Gase. 

Bowles at least had a solid first year.  Then we started to realize how he didn't do anything.  

Gase, who is supposed to be a bigger offensive mind than Bowles is a defensive mind, has shown us nothing, in fact players have continued to get worse under him while others leave him and have greater seasons.  I don't know how you can defend such a bad coach.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Bowles at least had a solid first year.  Then we started to realize how he didn't do anything.  

Gase, who is supposed to be a bigger offensive mind than Bowles is a defensive mind, has shown us nothing, in fact players have continued to get worse under him while others leave him and have greater seasons.  I don't know how you can defend such a bad coach.

Crowder had a career year under him. Darnold's numbers went up under Gase. Anything else is irrelevant. I can defend him because I actually do research, I dont just crap on a playcall because someone didn't execute.

20 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Its stuff like that which will keep people from wanting to be part of this organization. Truly, it happened to the Browns recently. 49ers similarly after losing Harbaugh. 

Bc it’s true? Did you not see the TD to punt ratio he’s had in his 17 games here?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Crowder had a career year under him. Darnold's numbers went up under Gase. Anything else is irrelevant. I can defend him because I actually do research, I dont just crap on a playcall because someone didn't execute.

Sam's numbers going up is more a natural progression from a rookie.  I wouldn't pat Gase on the back for that.

I'm not over reacting to game 1 against a good defense with zero preseason.  By week 8 we'll know what this team is.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

PJ Fleck or Greg Roman would be on my short list of HC candidates after the season. Douglas' Ravens connection hopefully provides a little help with Roman.

Welcome back, While you were gone they let Robby Anderson walk, they said we didn't need him any more because we have so much talent at WR. I still remember you are the guy who got us R. Anderson in the first place.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc it’s true? Did you not see the TD to punt ratio he’s had in his 17 games here?

I dont care about that honestly. 

How is it okay to feel bad for the lack of help Darnold has but expect the coach to make it work. Cant have it both ways. 

You yourself has said this team is not talented, these are the results you should expect. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Sam's numbers going up is more a natural progression from a rookie.  I wouldn't pat Gase on the back for that.

I'm not over reacting to game 1 against a good defense with zero preseason.  By week 8 we'll know what this team is.

A guy's numbers can also drop year 1 to year 2 and now year 3. He's treading downward. Sam just has to stop making stupid decisions, he does that and we move the ball, we move the ball we can score points. We score points and people get off his back. Gase will never win anyone over because of their personal beefs so I get it. But last week he schemed a good game for us, he could have done so more in the run game but once you go down 21 you have to go through the air more.