Jump to content

2021's Head Coaching Candidates


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Oh, I am not really buying it. I am just leaving a 5% chance of it happening, so 95% instead of your 100% just because we're the Jets. And this stuff happens to us all the time...and when I say this stuff I mean bad things in general. 

I do get the feeling this year is different, though. I have felt that way for some time now. It is a weird feeling. I don't know how to feel, to be honest. Something is actually going the Jets' way? 

I suppose we needed a worldwide pandemic, an economic shutdown and questions about what is right and what is wrong with regards to physical vs. mental health for the Jets to end up getting something right for a change.

Maybe this is the new normal?

It does seem we are waiting for something stupid to happen to the Jets like we pull a win out at the Rams and Darnold balls out. I do have a stromg feeling that we do go 0-16 and i don't care what history or people say. I would take an 0-16 season to change things around fast and have a QB like T Law. T Law is a once in a lifetime QB. I put him with Elawy as the best QB ever to go to the NFL. Luck was great an all but I put T Law above Luck for the pure fact T Law has won a lot more games and played in a lot more bigger games and has done nothing but been great in those games. The guy is a winner period. I read a story he is like 85-3 since he started games back in his High School days. That is a crazy number. That fact alone and he is bigger and stronger than Luck is why he is at least 2 or tied with Elway. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Something is actually going the Jets' way? 

Slow down there, Bud. We still have 3 games left AND gase is still HC. When gase is really gone AND we secure the number one pick AND actually pick Lawrence, only then will I feel better.

On the positive side, we have the cap space in an offseason where half the league will not be heavily participating in FA AND some good players may be cut from cap strapped teams that normally would not be. We also have 6 picks in the top 100. We seem to have a real GM  with a vision that we have not had in forever. I trust JD will draft well especially at the top of the draft. JD has also shown he can wheel and deal with the best of them thus far. Jury may be out on FA since he has not really gone after top end talent, but if he can rebuild this franchise without having to jump into the cap busting FA market, he will revered.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The guy is a winner period. I read a story he is like 85-3 since he started games back in his High School

Damn. The question that needs to be asked is how will he respond to losing? Will he pull a Jamal? Will he handle it like a pro?  I have little doubt the Jets turnaround will be quick, but can Lawrence handle the inevitable rough start to his career?  Quite simply, he has never dealt with such a scenario. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xrade said:

Damn. The question that needs to be asked is how will he respond to losing? Will he pull a Jamal? Will he handle it like a pro?  I have little doubt the Jets turnaround will be quick, but can Lawrence handle the inevitable rough start to his career?  Quite simply, he has never dealt with such a scenario. 

If we can’t turn this thing around in 2 years JD needs to get fired. 2 1st in each draft and a bunch of money in FA. Along with his choice in HC and QB

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm honestly expecting an immediate turn around next season.  Too much money, too many picks and improved coaching.  This will be a big test for JD.

Well if we go 0-16. A 6-10 team is a huge turnaround. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If we can’t turn this thing around in 2 years JD needs to get fired. 2 1st in each draft and a bunch of money in FA. Along with his choice in HC and QB

I would be on board with that. However, I would expect a rough start to the season next year especially if there are no preseason games. A rookie QB, new O lineman or linemen, new offensive and defensive schemes usually results in a steep learning curve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, xrade said:

I would be on board with that. However, I would expect a rough start to the season next year especially if there are no preseason games. A rookie QB, new O lineman or linemen, new offensive and defensive schemes usually results in a steep learning curve.

I’d agree with that. I said that this year that teams with no system change and the most returned players on offense would be the best. And that’s pretty much been the case.

 

Long term though it will be good for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I am less concerned about the W-L record and more concerned about how competitively we play. I certainly do not want to see a winless season or even just one or two wins, but if we can stay in games until the end of the game, I will be OK.  Just show me some hope. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the won-lost record probably will depend mostly on the schedule. I know we play the NFC South next season. Not sure which AFC division we will play, either the South or the North I would imagine. And then the two extra games are sure to be bad teams due to our poor record. Our division is tough already, and only getting tougher next year imo. But I think we will be able to compete if those 6-7 things as jetsfan suggests pan out for us.

But yeah, I do need to slow my roll here...know your role and slow your roll!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...