Jump to content

2021's Head Coaching Candidates


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We’re a hard sell to a HC unless they love Fields or Wilson.

Between Wilson, Jones, Fields, and Lance, I don't think it's going to be as hard as people make it seem. Would it be easier knowing we could have picked Lawrence? Sure but we're still in better position than most. There are a lot of vet QBs that will be out there as well. I don't care to go the vet route, but it's there. The Chiefs had Matt Cassell starting the year before they hired Andy Reid. They picked up Alex Smith and eventually drafted Mahomes. Same happened with Alex Smith & Kaepernick. I think that's the route we're going to go. Sometimes a coach wants a team that still fight til the end and in a good position to build long term. We're that team. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have Lawrence to sell to the head coaching candidates, and they won't have final say on personnel if we keep Douglas. Oh and we're 1-13 and have been one of the worst franchises in professional sports history.

Our job is among the ugliest jobs available, let's not kid ourselves and see the world with rose-colored glasses here.

We're a joke. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We don't have Lawrence to sell to the head coaching candidates, and they won't have final say on personnel if we keep Douglas. Oh and we're 1-13 and have been one of the worst franchises in professional sports history.

Our job is among the ugliest jobs available, let's not kid ourselves and see the world with rose-colored glasses here.

We're a joke. 

 

 

Could be similar to when our GM job was available after we fired Tannenbaum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We wanted Gase fired during his press conference lol. 

We saw what he did in Miami. I don't see that as a fair comparison to Gase and Arthur Smith being the OC for 24 quarters w/Mariota. And I see the past 1 3/4  seasons with Tannehill, 53 TDs and 11 INTs

Edited by TheGDJets
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheGDJets said:

We saw what he did in Miami. I don't see that as a fair comparison to Gase and Arthur Smith being the OC for 24 quarters w/Mariota

What he did in Miami wasn't enough to warrant him being fired before having a chance, considering the entire picture. 

Smith wasn't seen as a viable head coaching option until Tannehill came in and Henry started destroying defenses, he's not a guy I'm tying my franchise to. Its as clear as day to me that no matter who we have at coach doesn't matter, we need talent. Talented teams dont go 1-15, good Quarterbacks dont go 1-15.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What he did in Miami wasn't enough to warrant him being fired before having a chance, considering the entire picture. 

Smith wasn't seen as a viable head coaching option until Tannehill came in and Henry started destroying defenses, he's not a guy I'm tying my franchise to. Its as clear as day to me that no matter who we have at coach doesn't matter, we need talent. Talented teams dont go 1-15, good Quarterbacks dont go 1-15.

Without TLaw, no big name coach is coming here, and I want no part of Fields or Lance. Bring in Smith trade off the #2 pick for a QB needy team and go from there. What's the worst that could happen with THIS franchise?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Between Wilson, Jones, Fields, and Lance, I don't think it's going to be as hard as people make it seem. Would it be easier knowing we could have picked Lawrence? Sure but we're still in better position than most. There are a lot of vet QBs that will be out there as well. I don't care to go the vet route, but it's there. The Chiefs had Matt Cassell starting the year before they hired Andy Reid. They picked up Alex Smith and eventually drafted Mahomes. Same happened with Alex Smith & Kaepernick. I think that's the route we're going to go. Sometimes a coach wants a team that still fight til the end and in a good position to build long term. We're that team. 

 

I think there has to be a clear plan for JD to propose a HC or else a good HC won’t take the job. And you can’t blame them for that. I’d want to know who my QB is going to be before I’d accept a job if I were a HC. JD I think will have to say we will be drafting “insert a name here” and he will be our QB. To leave that open. I think can only hurt us.

 

He should have a good gage once Gase is fired on if he likes Fields or Wilson more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TheGDJets said:

Without TLaw, no big name coach is coming here, and I want no part of Fields or Lance. Bring in Smith trade off the #2 pick for a QB needy team and go from there. What's the worst that could happen with THIS franchise?

So Arthur Smith and trading the #2 pick are the path to success. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...