2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Martindale, Brady, Morris, Eric B, Smith, Daboll, Smith, Lynn (Researching),  Saleh and currently looking around in the college ranks but these are my interest guys. 

I feel like Daboll would go to Jacksonville because they're going to try to invest a lot in a coach to make sure they don't blow it. They're going to hope Daboll can use Law the same way he uses Allen. 

Smith will probably go to the Chargers if they move on from Lynn. Feels like a good fit, just need a RB. 

Morris is probably my biggest sleeper. The last 4 games weren't his fault. The kicker missed the game tying FG vs the Chiefs and Mahomes struggled for a while. No Julio or running threat, but still in the games. Ridley yards went up and they just find ways. For someone who was thrown in position during the season, he had no choice but to adapt and I like what he has done. 

Eric B still has my interest not just for Mahomes, but also his experience as a RB coach. He might deliver the running scheme I would like to see us build while mentally developing our next QB the same way he did Mahomes. Texans are rumored to be the favorites for him though. We have a shot though. 

Lynn is interesting because the development of Herbert and the fact I watched him have to take over special teams duties to win a game. I'm still doing research on him, but I'm interested. He's had winning seasons. I just have to see who is actually the problem this season. 

Martindale is the only one I know who will run the scheme I like on defense. Rumors are saying he'll hire Tony Elliot as an OC, but the assumption is that Martindale will want to run heavy like most defensive minded coaches. I like that. He could be a smarter Rex Ryan and JD's Ravens experience will know the type of players he'll need for his scheme. His scheme alone will allow us to be competitive without having to invest a lot on that side, which means more could go in the offense. 

Robert Saleh is doing an amazing job and brings the energy I love. The defense carries the same energy he has. Doesn't matter the talent level on the field, he'll have them in a good position to compete. He was a part of the coaching staff during the Legion Of Boom era. I'm assuming there maybe someone from the Shan offense he would bring with him to call offense, so I'm interested in that as well. 

EDIT:

Brady took players we let walk and still made an offense that could compete. No CMC and found ways to work with what he had. Samuel was on the trade block at one point, now looks like a hot Free agent. Out of the coaches on offense, he is the one I feel like can adapt to what ever he is given. 

Edited by rickyt31

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Robert Saleh is doing an amazing job and brings the energy I love. The defense carries the same energy he has. Doesn't matter the talent level on the field, he'll have them in a good position to compete. He was a part of the coaching staff during the Legion Of Boom era. I'm assuming there maybe someone from the Shan offense he would bring with him to call offense, so I'm interested in that as well. 

Supposedly he's bringing Mike McDaniel with him as OC if he gets a HC job, which I absolutely love. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

True.   If Jets manage to collect all right pieces for Daboll, do you think he will run the team well?

It depends honestly, he has to coach the entire team and that hasn't worked well for coaches who try to gravitate towards one side of the ball and essentially let their coordinators handle the other side. 

Let's say we go with Smith. 

Keep Sam, Draft Sewell to have him and Becton leading the way on outside zone runs in Smith's scheme. With Seattle's 1 maybe Kyle Pitts, Tight Ends dont go to early so he could be there. Top of Round 2 grab Najee Harris.

Becton/Sewell as bookends, Harris being the workhorse with Ty and Perine to spell him and Mims/Pitts/Crowder/whoever else thriving off the PA passing game.

30 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Keep Sam, Draft Sewell to have him and Becton leading the way on outside zone runs in Smith's scheme. With Seattle's 1 maybe Kyle Pitts, Tight Ends dont go to early so he could be there. Top of Round 2 grab Najee Harris.

Becton/Sewell as bookends, Harris being the workhorse with Ty and Perine to spell him and Mims/Pitts/Crowder/whoever else thriving off the PA passing game.

Darnold is still throwing the ball

31 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Which is what we should’ve been trying to do for years. Darnold sucks but if u can get those 3rd and 9s down to 3rd and 3 he can be masked.

Hiring a guy like Daboll will make guys want to come here.  A guy like Godwin or Robinson can look at Diggs, John Brown and Beasly’s production and be excited that it could be them doing it - with a young, talented guy in Fields or Wilson.  

I wasn’t too amped on Daboll but lately I’ve come around.  That offense is awesome and he’s done a great job with Allen.

Edited by Heymangold