2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

23 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Its stuff like that which will keep people from wanting to be part of this organization. Truly, it happened to the Browns recently. 49ers similarly after losing Harbaugh. 

Interesting point, I don't think any players will come here unless he get some kind for crazy money.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I dont care about that honestly. 

How is it okay to feel bad for the lack of help Darnold has but expect the coach to make it work. Cant have it both ways. 

You yourself has said this team is not talented, these are the results you should expect. 

The talent isn’t there. I of course agree with that. But even in a 7-9 season like last year (not a bad season record wise). Gase wasn’t the reason for winning (generally speaking). He doesn’t make the talent around him better. And that’s what a Hc should do. He’s so bad he’d probably make Mahomes look bad. Look at Tannehill under him. Very unimpressive. Goes to Tennessee and damn near goes to the Super Bowl.

The biggest lie around the Jets organization right now is that Gase is some kind of good offensive mind. When in fact there’s pretty much nothing to support that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The talent isn’t there. I of course agree with that. But even in a 7-9 season like last year (not a bad season record wise). Gase wasn’t the reason for winning (generally speaking). He doesn’t make the talent around him better. And that’s what a Hc should do. He’s so bad he’d probably make Mahomes look bad. Look at Tannehill under him. Very unimpressive. Goes to Tennessee and damn near goes to the Super Bowl.

The biggest lie around the Jets organization right now is that Gase is some kind of good offensive mind. When in fact there’s pretty much nothing to support that.

So he’s the reason we were losing but not the reason we were winning.

Sam needs more help but Gase has to work with what he has. 

You can’t say the talent is crap and then expect them to be better when the QB is missing guys running open. 

Gase is a great offensive mind, his offensive is extremely complex. I’m sure none of you really even know what he’s running but I digress. 

Point is we don’t know enough about this team right now. But you yourself has complained about the talent level which leads me to question could any coach outside of Belichick win with this team. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You can’t say the talent is crap and then expect them to be better when the QB is missing guys running open. 

Gase is a great offensive mind, his offensive is extremely complex. I’m sure none of you really even know what he’s running but I digress. 

Point is we don’t know enough about this team right now. But you yourself has complained about the talent level which leads me to question could any coach outside of Belichick win with this team. 

gase doesn't work with what he has.  gase himself has said he didn't use bell properly or enough last year.  

gase didn't like ajayi in miami so he got rid of him.  devante parker and ryan tannehill turned to studs when they got away from gase.

did ANY quarterback improve with the "quarterback whisperer" that gase allegedly is?  he's made his career riding the coattails of Peyton Manning.  the dude failed in miami and in no way should have been hired here.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Being a great offensive mind and making an offense function are two different things. You can be a great singer, doesnt mean you can put out a great album. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Being a great offensive mind and making an offense function are two different things. You can be a great singer, doesnt mean you can put out a great album. 

Many football mind guys know **** but most of them can't flat out coach the whole team right.

7 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

gase doesn't work with what he has.  gase himself has said he didn't use bell properly or enough last year.  

gase didn't like ajayi in miami so he got rid of him.  devante parker and ryan tannehill turned to studs when they got away from gase.

did ANY quarterback improve with the "quarterback whisperer" that gase allegedly is?  he's made his career riding the coattails of Peyton Manning.  the dude failed in miami and in no way should have been hired here.

Tanny was not that bad under Gase but Gase doesn't feature the run game to spread out the defense for Tanny.  Tanny looked much better because he had NFL's hottest RB.  Tanny himself could not carry the team alone anywhere.

No matter what Gase said about Bell and Gore, he simply couldn't utilize run game right. Period.

29 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Ryan Tannehill was often injured in Miami. Did you even look up Tannehill’s numbers with Gase? He was good with him.

He went 23-25 in Miami with mostly Cutler/Osweiler as his starting QB, he had a winning record with Tannehill and is .500 with Darnold. 

Like I said it’s either the talent or the coach, it can’t be both. Pick a side, stick to it. 

19 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Tanny was not that bad under Gase but Gase doesn't feature the run game to spread out the defense for Tanny.  Tanny looked much better because he had NFL's hottest RB.  Tanny himself could not carry the team alone anywhere.

No matter what Gase said about Bell and Gore, he simply couldn't utilize run game right. Period.

Gore and Adams both got over 4ypc last week. Makes me wonder if it’s simply Bell or teams loading the box when Bell is in. 

31 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Great point but last week we saw guys running open and Sam missing them. So did Gase call a good enough game for us to score points or did Sam simply not execute? 

We blame Gase for the 1-7 start last year and then the 6-2 finish we find every reason possible to not give him any credit for it. 

We say Sam needs more weapons but the coach has to work with what he has. 

We say the 69 yard touchdown was luck yet it was installed by our coach should a team show a particular look and Sam properly checked to it and we scored. That’s coaching, that’s scheming and that’s execution. If Sam does more of that, we score more points and we’re in position to win games. 

How some of you can’t see it is maddening.

21 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Ryan Tannehill was often injured in Miami. Did you even look up Tannehill’s numbers with Gase? He was good with him.

He went 23-25 in Miami with mostly Cutler/Osweiler as his starting QB, he had a winning record with Tannehill and is .500 with Darnold. 

Like I said it’s either the talent or the coach, it can’t be both. Pick a side, stick to it. 

WITH gase (16,17 and 18) tannehill was not good.  19/12 in 16, missed 17 and 17/9 in 18.  his first year in tennessee he was 22/6 with a 70% completion percentage.

his offenses without peyton manning have ranked 21, 24, 25, 31, 32, 30 in yards.

my main problem is that he has shown literally nothing as a head coach to warrant being immediately hired again.  bad owners were tickled by peyton when he called and that's why gase was hired.  

41 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Great point but last week we saw guys running open and Sam missing them. So did Gase call a good enough game for us to score points or did Sam simply not execute? 

We blame Gase for the 1-7 start last year and then the 6-2 finish we find every reason possible to not give him any credit for it. 

We say Sam needs more weapons but the coach has to work with what he has. 

We say the 69 yard touchdown was luck yet it was installed by our coach should a team show a particular look and Sam properly checked to it and we scored. That’s coaching, that’s scheming and that’s execution. If Sam does more of that, we score more points and we’re in position to win games. 

How some of you can’t see it is maddening.

I'm with you in that its a lot more nuanced than Gase is bad. Gase is bad isnt the conclusion for everything. 

At the same time I think if Sam isn't executing the offense needs to be dumbed down. Gase isnt getting style points for calling a great game. Gase is getting points for winning and for keeping the team competitive. If Gase has been dumbing the offense down and Sam cant execute he needs to go to JD and say "Sam aint it, I need a QB." 

Ive made the point before, but Gase isn't going to win anyone over because his offense is a Mercedes. Especially since right now Sams driving the Mercedes like he's afraid to scratch the car. Maybe what Sam needs is a Corrolla and its up to Gase to make those adjustments. 

20 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

WITH gase (16,17 and 18) tannehill was not good.  19/12 in 16, missed 17 and 17/9 in 18.  his first year in tennessee he was 22/6 with a 70% completion percentage.

his offenses without peyton manning have ranked 21, 24, 25, 31, 32, 30 in yards.

my main problem is that he has shown literally nothing as a head coach to warrant being immediately hired again.  bad owners were tickled by peyton when he called and that's why gase was hired.  

He didn’t even play in 17 smh. 

In 16 he was 8-5 completed 67% of his passes, 2995 passing yards, 19/12 TD/INT, 7.7yp, 93.4 passer rating. And a playoff berth. In what world is that not a good Quarterback?

in 18 he was working his way back from injury and still went 5-6 with 64% completions, 7.2ypa and 92.7 passer rating. 

Tannehill was not bad under Gase. 

This is the same fan base who wants Daboll from Buffalo to be our head coach because of what he did with Allen and Allen with Daboll has put up worse numbers than Tannehill with Gase but Gase is some failure. If Sam put up Tannehills 2016 numbers you’d all scream we have a franchise Quarterback. 

And before someone says it’s not about stats well it ain’t about film because when I say watch the film and understand the offense and how it works y’all avoid that. 

So again Daboll and Allen are good and we should hire him but Gase and Tannehill were bad even though they were more productive. 

I understand narratives and propaganda but this  is next level.