2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

I can't time stamp all the good things in this interview with Joe D's guy Daniel Jeremiah but man Shaw just gets it. I'll list everything below but definitely watch and listen.

-Believes in physical brand of football(12 and 22 personnel), Gase was huge on 11 personnel

-Speaks on how Kyle Shanahan merges his dads zone running scheme, Bill Walsh's west coast principles and Kyle's own style with all the rollouts and screens

-How to exploit mismatches by either getting the ball to your key guys or finding guys on the other side of the ball you need to attack. Offensively and defensively.

-Culture building being more about getting the right guys in the building rather than a set of rules. He's not trying to change anyone, he just wants the right guys. 

Overall even if he's not the guy these are just traits you hope to see going forward from the coach we choose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I can't time stamp all the good things in this interview with Joe D's guy Daniel Jeremiah but man Shaw just gets it. I'll list everything below but definitely watch and listen.

-Believes in physical brand of football(12 and 22 personnel), Gase was huge on 11 personnel

-Speaks on how Kyle Shanahan merges his dads zone running scheme, Bill Walsh's west coast principles and Kyle's own style with all the rollouts and screens

-How to exploit mismatches by either getting the ball to your key guys or finding guys on the other side of the ball you need to attack. Offensively and defensively.

-Culture building being more about getting the right guys in the building rather than a set of rules. He's not trying to change anyone, he just wants the right guys. 

Overall even if he's not the guy these are just traits you hope to see going forward from the coach we choose. 

I like Shaw and he may be a good hire.  My only negative based on your bullet points is his 12 and 22 personnel groupings.  I would like to see a bit more wide open passing game in conjunction with a power scheme.  I kind of like Cleveland's approach. Somewhat sad, I know, but they win with power running and vertical passing.  Baker led the league in passing accuracy on passes over 20 yards.  It is a balanced approach that can be leaned upon in case something happens to either of the two facets.  For example, if a D shuts down the running game, fine stop the passing then and vice versa.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

I like Shaw and he may be a good hire.  My only negative based on your bullet points is his 12 and 22 personnel groupings.  I would like to see a bit more wide open passing game in conjunction with a power scheme.  I kind of like Cleveland's approach. Somewhat sad, I know, but they win with power running and vertical passing.  Baker led the league in passing accuracy on passes over 20 yards.  It is a balanced approach that can be leaned upon in case something happens to either of the two facets.  For example, if a D shuts down the running game, fine stop the passing then and vice versa.

That's the thing, he's not tied to a specific grouping nor is he a run guy or a pass guy. It's all based on match ups. 12 and 22 personnel make it difficult on defense. Come out in base and get attacked through the air, come out in Nickel and get gashed on the ground and worn down.