Jamarcus Haskins

Vladimir L

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This thread is lame. Comparing Haskins to Jamarcus is also stupid. They’re both black and the comparisons stop there. One is working his butt off to be a good QB and the other one didn’t care. Sorry if you feel you need to stoop to this but it’s dumb. 

I am not comparing him thought it was funny. They are both black pocket passers. Jamarcus and Dwayne both were sort of fat but its obvious Haskin puts the work in and cares. Guy dropped weight and wants to be a leader badly. 

I saw Haskin more of a Big Ben type coming out of college slow pocket passers who can move around a little.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

@Vladimir L was was saying people did it last year - like Parrothead and others on social media - but he proved them wrong. He still needs to improve, I hope and think he will improve enough to the point where we won’t even be in the vicinity to draft Lawrence or Fields.

I am jumping in on the Haskin band wagon if he keeps this up. He doesnt have to light it up but if he secures the ball time will be on his side. 

And I will be a fan of his.

Kinda frustrating watching these MNF games. 

Jones with Barkley and Slayton and Shepard and Tate and Engram. Lock with Gordon/Lindsay and Sutton and Jeudy and Hamler and Fant. 

Then there’s Haskins. With his supporting cast. How could we ever expect him to play on the same level as these guys when they’ve got a half dozen legit weapons and he’s got McLaurin?

I’ve said this about Dwayne before. There’s no possible way we, or even Haskins himself, could look at last year at all, as far as his development. The org was a total 💩 show, the coach was on his way out, and it was easy to see no one was looking out for the kid. He could have easily Jamarcus’ed out his rookie deal and been on his way.
Enter Rivera. God knows what was said but he got Dwayne to put the work in, and yesterday showed me he did. Forget about the weight he lost, the delay of games and illegal formations and all those other stupid penalties were so used to were gone. For the most part he seemed to have the team in the right protection even if he didn’t execute every play, that will come (hopefully). Most importantly, he didn’t turn the ball over. 
We all knew this team would play to the defense. Haskins did his part by not turning the ball over. Ron and Turner have to get the running game going. Bottom line is if yesterday was Haskins first NFL game we’d all be ordering jerseys today. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Kinda frustrating watching these MNF games. 

Jones with Barkley and Slayton and Shepard and Tate and Engram. Lock with Gordon/Lindsay and Sutton and Jeudy and Hamler and Fant. 

Then there’s Haskins. With his supporting cast. How could we ever expect him to play on the same level as these guys when they’ve got a half dozen legit weapons and he’s got McLaurin?

Guy has no line and supporting cast. I have faith in him and love the attitude