Jamarcus Haskins

Vladimir L

On 9/14/2020 at 9:37 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Kinda like Jarmarcus Haskins being taken in the 1st round.

abfbf0f2509a13d8400b85f88f230c4b.jpg

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

Unlike Jamarcus Russell, DWAYNE Haskins keeps proving people wrong. He’s not hooked on codine, he’s now a team leader who just helped inspire his team to play better in the second half of a week one game when they were getting boatraced at halftime and he lost 20 pounds from his 1st season to 2nd season, not gained 20 pounds like Russell.

As you may remember, I never liked Russell as a prospect. I liked Brady Quinn, and while I admit I was wrong about Quinn developing into a good QB - at least he had a decent career and would be viewed as a serviceable back up - Jamarcus Russell was just a lost soul, it’s a real shame that the Raiders couldn’t get him the help he needed off the field in the way the Cowboys did for Dez Bryant & the Vikings did for Chris Carter. 

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

Unlike Jamarcus Russell, DWAYNE Haskins keeps proving people wrong. He’s not hooked on codine, he’s now a team leader who just helped inspire his team to play better in the second half of a week one game when they were getting boatraced at halftime and he lost 20 pounds from his 1st season to 2nd season, not gained 20 pounds like Russell.

As you may remember, I never liked Russell as a prospect. I liked Brady Quinn, and while I admit I was wrong about Quinn developing into a good QB - at least he had a decent career and would be viewed as a serviceable back up - Jamarcus Russell was just a lost soul, it’s a real shame that the Raiders couldn’t get him the help he needed off the field in the way the Cowboys did for Dez Bryant & the Vikings did for Chris Carter. 

Its cute some think its due to his play he gets called Jamarcus.

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its cute some think its due to his play he gets called Jamarcus.

I clearly stated in the first paragraph that Haskins lost near 20 pounds after his rookie year while Russell gained around or more than 20. I know why people call him Jamarcus, but it’s not accurate and really it never was. Russell was always heavier than Haskins. Haskins weighed 231 at the combine, he may have gotten up to 235 during last season as he sat the first half of the year. Jamarcus Russell weighed 265 at the combine, when he was 21 or 22 years old! The comparison doesn’t fit. He weighed 30 more pounds than Haskins at Haskins’s heaviest when Russell was at his lightest at the NFL combine.

This is one reason why I see a lot of Big Ben in Haskins, they’re built similarly and have the same sneaky athletic ability for a guy their size who isn’t an extremely muscular guy like Cam.

Let’s not forget, Haskins went to work and reshaped his entire body dropping his body fat and adding muscle where he’s now 218.

You’re a smart guy and very good poster — among the best in the forum over the last decade — you know this already.

So, the joke is dead.

Edited by turtle28