Week 2: VIKINGS (0-1) at Colts (0-1)

swede700

23 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Until Hunter gets back at 100%, this defense is going to be brutal. Can’t rush the passer. Can’t stop the run. Inexperienced CBs. 

I don’t expect a big leap when Hunter gets back, but they’ll get more pressure. 

In short, it’s an even numbered Zimmer year. Say “hola” to 6-10 or 7-9 and a draft pick that will likely just be “meh.”

I get so excited for the draft every year and then I remember Zimmer doesnt like playing rookies. Gotta wait till year 2 or 3 to see them.

I hope that we get to see the Baylor kid getting a shot at the 3 tech job. He was good at getting to the QB in college. 

Maybe if we do suck the draft will give us a chance to draft a great future LT.

56 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I get so excited for the draft every year and then I remember Zimmer doesnt like playing rookies. Gotta wait till year 2 or 3 to see them.

I hope that we get to see the Baylor kid getting a shot at the 3 tech job. He was good at getting to the QB in college. 

Maybe if we do suck the draft will give us a chance to draft a great future LT.

I think it'd be easier to rotate in rookie D-line players than a lot of other positions 

My worry about the defense in this game is the tackling, more than the coverage or the pass rush.

The Vikings CBs didn't make any plays vs GB but a lot of the throws were pinpoint perfect. Rivers will hit a couple of those, but he's usually pretty inaccurate especially deeper downfield, and he puts the ball in harm's way. The safeties and LBs should have chances to come up with an INT or two even if the corners are still struggling. 

I'm sure the pass rush won't be good but Ngakoue has had some success previously against Costanzo, so hopefully he gets home once or twice. Rivers is much less likely to take great advantage of time in the pocket than Rodgers did last week -- he's not going to roll out and improvise. 

The Colts will throw a lot of short passes from spread and work the ball underneath to the RBs. They're also going to run behind that big OL. The Vikings second level tackling was uncharacteristically terrible last week. The young corners are less physical than Rhodes and Waynes were, and Wilson hasn't really taken a step forward since Gedeon went out last year. If the pursuit is lacking, there's a risk that any missed tackle will get taken to the house, especially by Taylor who's big and fast.

I think the Vikings offense will put up some yards and points against a decent but not great Colts defense (with what seems to be a vulnerable secondary, given what Minshew did last week).

Probably turns into something of a shootout, and the Vikings will need a couple of big plays off turnovers or returns to come out on top.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Should be an interesting ride. My first Vikings game for my newborn baby boy. Hopefully Captain Kirk and the team can make him a fan! 🤣

Congrats! I just yelled at my 6 year old boy for trying to tight-rope walk the swing-set. Boys are a blast and a headache rolled in one!

• Like 1